Elf2000 Disk Board UART

  • ca1naj610
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      I've had this problem with my hardware serial port since I built it.
      One time and one time only, I was able to get the hardware port to
      communicate with the Elf2000. I have no problem getting the software
      port to work but I'd like to get the hardware port to work too. The
      Disk board is fully populated and the CF card works great. The one
      time I got the hardware port working, the SHO TERM response
      was=BAUD1=0x01 BAUD0=0x32. I looked at the lines with my oscilloscope
      and the 16C450 XTAL1&2 signals looked good, BAUDOUT and MAX232 C1 & C2
      signals looked good. Any ideas on what is keeping the hardware port
      from initializing reliably? The SIN and DSR pulses are making it to
      the UART. Anyone out there having problems with connecting through the
      hardware port?

      Also, was the BAUD0=0x32 to be expected when it did work that one time?