Another gizmo or two comes to life

  • Andrew Wasson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2007
      Although not necessarily related to Bob's Gizmo's I thought I would
      post a few pictures of my latest in the photo section under Andrew's
      Stuff.

      I just fired up a pair of EL34 ultralinear Williamson amps and have
      about 30 hours on them so far. The are from a design by Joseph Marshal
      and use Dynaco A-430's. I'm still tweaking but I think this is
      bar-none, the best audio I have ever heard. The detail is unbelievable
      and I'm running them into a set of mid-to-low end bookshelf speakers
      that just received a new set of drivers. Really nice.

      Next project is a set of speakers to do them justice and then some
      cabinetry to show off the amps!

      * They have 2 EL34's push-pull per channel now but I can run 4 in
      push-pull-parallel if I really want to rock the house :)

      Cheers,
      Andrew