Future of the ISS?

  • space_projects
    Message 1 of 56 , Nov 8, 2001
      NASA is reducing its ISS commitment by cancelling
      the Habitation Module, the Crew Rescue Vehicle. What
      next? Perhaps they may reduce Shuttle launches? Why is
      the ISS going over budget?<br><br>Please leave your
      Opinions!<br><br>Vic Stathopoulos
    • Michael
      Message 56 of 56 , May 8, 2005
        The number of things that could be used to describe the problems with
        NASA is a large one, and there isn't a single one that is the end all
        and be all of everything. Having said that I must point out that a
        major contributer to NASA's plunge into mediocrity is a lack of
        leadership and vision. When we had the world's attention with the
        Apollo program, engineers and project managers were making due with
        what was available, which wasn't much, and yet they were able to
        finally get 3 men up there to actually touch it. This was because
        there was a single goal that could be accomplished. Nowadays, NASA is
        deluged with thousands of projects and research studies because we are
        still unsure as to what the next big step in space travel and
        exploration even is. And so right now we are stuck with little more
        than the gathering of information of what conditions in space are like
        and how it will effect living organisms who are traveling through it.