Update: 5/3/2007 - Suburban Houston indie + Southern-bred metal + more

  • Jeremy L. Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      Update: 5/3/2007 - Suburban Houston indie + Southern-bred
      WHAT'S NEW ON SPACE CITY ROCK (as of 5/3/2007):
      http://www.spacecityrock.com/

      FROM THE BLOG:
      * The Rundown (4/27-5/4)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/2007/04/rundown-427-54.shtml
      * Wanna Be A DJ?
      http://www.spacecityrock.com/2007/04/wanna-be-dj.shtml >
      * Lawndale Needs You, This Weekend
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/2007/04/lawndale-needs-you-this-weekend.shtml
      * Go See Some Movies You'll Never See Anywhere Else
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/2007/04/go-see-some-movies-youll-never-see.shtml
      * Comin' Back Around (or, A Late-Night Epiphany at Rudz)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/2007/04/comin-back-around-or-late-night.shtml

      NEW FEATURES
      * Bomb the Suburbs: The Western Civilization Escape the Neat Lawns and Flags for the Montrose Indie-Rock 'Hood
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/features/westerncivilization1.shtml
      * Southern Soul / Metal Heart: He Is Legend
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/features/heislegend1.shtml

      NEW REVIEWS
      * 1997, A Better View of the Rising Moon (Victory)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0507.shtml#1997-1
      * The Brokedowns, New Brains for Everyone (Thick)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0507.shtml#brokedowns1
      * Program, Evil is Job One (J Audio)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0507.shtml#program1
      * Parts & Labor, Mapmaker (Jagjaguwar/Brah)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0407.shtml#partsandlabor2
      * ADULT., Why Bother? (Thrill Jockey)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0407.shtml#adult1
      * Love Me Destroyer, The Things Around Us Burn (Suburban Home)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0407.shtml#lovemedestroyer1
      * The Jennifer Echo, Be Dangerous on Rock Guitar (Jumping Jupiter)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0407.shtml#jenniferecho1
      * Nicole Atkins, Bleeding Diamonds EP (Red Ink/Columbia)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0507.shtml#nicoleatkins1
      * The Barbarellatones, Beyond the Valley of the Barbarellatones (self-released)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0507.shtml#barbarellatones1
      * Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Living with the Living (Touch & Go)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0507.shtml#tedleopharmacists1
      * Low, Drums and Guns (Sub Pop)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0507.shtml#low1
      * Thee OhSees, Sucks Blood (Castle Face)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0507.shtml#theeohsees1
      * The Agency, Turn (Perch/Eulogy)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0407.shtml#agency1
      * The Broken West, I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Merge)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0407.shtml#brokenwest1
      * Die! Die! Die!, Die! Die! Die! (S.A.F.)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0407.shtml#diediedie1
      * Morello, Twelve Ways to Breathe (Revelation/I Scream)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0407.shtml#morello1
      * Toof, Jennifer Love Handles (Propeller)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0407.shtml#toof1

      And yep, there's more interviews, reviews, blog posts, & featured bands to come, so keep checking back...

      The Staff
      Space City Rock
      P.O. Box 541010
      Houston, TX. 77254