Update: 1/17/2007 - Post-rock grooves + gutter punks + more

  • Jeremy L. Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2007
      Update: 1/17/2007 - Post-rock grooves + gutter punks + mor
      WHAT'S NEW ON SPACE CITY ROCK THIS WEEK (as of 1/17/2007):
      http://www.spacecityrock.com/

      SITE STUFF
      * New SCR Blog Online (for real, this time): http://www.spacecityrock.com/news.shtml

      NEW FEATURES
      * Guttermouth -- Still Unusual?  Still Punk Rock?
      - Few bands -- even punk bands -- have courted (and married, and divorced) controversy like O.C. stalwarts Guttermouth. Whether it's for the live nakedness or for the band's abrasive take on punk politics, it always seems like the guys in the band are always pissing somebody off. Writer Alex R. chats with singer Mark Adkins about it...
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/features/guttermouth1.shtml

      NEW REVIEWS
      * Ferocious Eagle, The Sea Anemone Inside of Me Is Mighty (54-40 or Fight!)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#ferociouseagle1
      * Nic Garcia, The Desperate Ones (Yer Bird)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#nicgarcia1
      * The Transit War, Miss Your Face (Orange Peal)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#transitwar1
      * The Hidden Cameras, Awoo (Arts & Crafts)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#hiddencameras1
      * Shanna Kiel, Orphan (Thick)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#shannakiel1
      * Vopat, Tell Them We Are Dead (Inam)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#vopat1
      * The Cringe, Scratch the Surface (Listen)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#cringe1
      * The Drugstore Cowboys, Chapter 3006 (Lujo)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#drugstorecowboys1
      * Million Dollar Mouth, Say My Name...Now Say It Again (Atonal)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#milliondollarmouth1
      * Paleo, Misery, Missouri (Future Farmer)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#paleo1
      * Quiet Life, Quiet Life (Cosmodemonic Telegraph)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#quietlife1
      * Reel Big Fish, Our Live Album is Better than Your Live Album (self-released)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#reelbigfish1
      * The Thermals, The Body, the Blood, the Machine (Sub Pop)
      >http://www.spacecityrock.com/reviews/rev-0107.shtml#thermals1

      More to come later in Jan. -- hope all's well with you folks in the New Year!

      The Staff
      Space City Rock
      P.O. Box 541010
      Houston, TX. 77254