Update: 07/16/2006 - New stuff for July!

  • Jeremy L. Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2006
      Update: 07/16/2006 - New stuff for July!
      WHAT'S NEW ON SPACE CITY ROCK THIS WEEK (as of 7/16/2006):

      NEW FEATURES
      * No Frat Boy Beer: A Few Pointed Questions for The Riverboat Gamblers...
      - With the release of their latest CD, To the Confusion of Our Enemies, SCR's Daniel Mee decided to chat up Denton's Riverboat Gamblers for a bit, hitting them with questions about rock, Texan-ness, and, naturally, beer...
      [The Gamblers are playing at Walter's on Washington tonight, Sunday, July 16th, with Only Crime, Hell City Kings, and I Am Wolf.]

      NEW REVIEWS
      * Billy Talent, II (Atlantic)
      * Mr. Lif, Mo' Mega (Definitive Jux)
      * WE JAM ECONO: The Story of the Minutemen (Plexifilm)
      * Every Move A Picture, Heart = Weapon (V2)
      * Ghost of the Russian Empire, with fiercest demolition (Thirty Ghosts)
      * The Invincible Czars, Gods of Convenience (Above Suspicion)
      * Liars, Drum's Not Dead (Mute)
      * Eugene Mirman, En Garde, Society! (Sub Pop)
      * The North Atlantic, Wires In The Walls (We Put Out)
      * The Seldon Plan, Making Circles (self-released)
      * Slacks, Terrestrial (Translation Loss)
      * Various Artists, Blues Guitar Women (Ruf)
      * Thom Yorke, The Eraser (XL)

      That's it for now -- check back later this month for more stuff...

      The Staff
      Space City Rock
      P.O. Box 541010
      Houston, TX. 77254
      gaijin@...
      http://www.spacecityrock.com/

      [P.S. If you want off this list, handy instructions from Yahoo! Groups should appear below.]