Re: [space-modelers] Re: 1/32 LM on eBay

  • sandy55961@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1 4:13 AM
      Pascal, what was the complaint about the kit (other than it was a
      recast)? I too saw that it was pulled off the site.
      Just curious,
      Steve Sliger
      Greenwell Springs, LA

      In a message dated 7/31/2012 8:23:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      pascal.hecker@... writes:

      someone at ebay just been complaining about this kit, very childish, I hope
      it is not someone of this site is

      --- In _space-modelers@yahoogroups.com_

    • pascal.hecker@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1 6:00 AM
        what I understand is: has anyone complained to ebay about using text and photo, s for reading the description ,that this person is now go first to the seller and gives a clue about this,and not right to ebay!

        --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, sandy55961@... wrote:

        > Pascal, what was the complaint about the kit (other than it was a
        > recast)? I too saw that it was pulled off the site.
        > Just curious,
        > Steve Sliger
        > Greenwell Springs, LA
        >

        > In a message dated 7/31/2012 8:23:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
        > pascal.hecker@... writes:
        >

        > someone at ebay just been complaining about this kit, very childish, I hope
        > it is not someone of this site is
        >
        > --- In _space-modelers@yahoogroups.com_
        > (mailto:space-modelers@yahoogroups.com) , "Karl D Dodenhoff" <thedude@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Went to take a look, and it's been removed. Ugh!
        > >
        > > Karl D Dodenhoff
        > > _http://www.myspacemuseum.com/_ (http://www.myspacemuseum.com/)

      • Keith McNeill
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1 7:00 AM
          To be honest I've never found ebay any use when you complain. Someone
          was ripping my photos off my website and selling them. A complaint to
          ebay never even got a response!

          Keith

          pascal.hecker@... wrote:

          > what I understand is: has anyone complained to ebay about using text
          > and photo, s for reading the description ,that this person is now go
          > first to the seller and gives a clue about this,and not right to ebay!
          >
          > --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:space-modelers%40yahoogroups.com>, sandy55961@... wrote:
          > >
          > > Pascal, what was the complaint about the kit (other than it was a
          > > recast)? I too saw that it was pulled off the site.
          > > Just curious,
          > > Steve Sliger
          > > Greenwell Springs, LA
          > >

          > > In a message dated 7/31/2012 8:23:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
          > > pascal.hecker@... writes:
          > >

          > > someone at ebay just been complaining about this kit, very childish,
          > I hope
          > > it is not someone of this site is
          > >
          > > --- In _space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:_space-modelers%40yahoogroups.com>_
          > > (mailto:space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:space-modelers%40yahoogroups.com>) , "Karl D Dodenhoff"
          > <thedude@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Went to take a look, and it's been removed. Ugh!
          > > >
          > > > Karl D Dodenhoff
          > > > _http://www.myspacemuseum.com/_ (http://www.myspacemuseum.com/)

          > No virus found in this message.

        • KT Kilkenny
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1 7:21 AM
            Hi Keith,

            FWIW, eBay has the VERO program for owners of the items when they see their product (models, images etc...) being sold or used w/o authorization.
            Submitting a VERO gets auctions stopped right away.

            Kev K
            ~ ~ ~

            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1 9:39 AM
              i have a contact at ebay my friend

              all i will say is vincent meens ebay id meensv

              you all work it out.

              --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, KT Kilkenny <kevtk@...> wrote:

              > Hi Keith,
              >
              > FWIW, eBay has the VERO program for owners of the items when they see their product (models, images etc...) being sold or used w/o authorization.
              > Submitting a VERO gets auctions stopped right away.
              >
              > Kev K
              > ~ ~ ~

            • peterojoe
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1 9:44 AM
                I don't know if the recast model itself would be a problem, but the scanned copies of the Virtual LM and Virtual Apollo books are definitely copyright violations. Either the author or publisher could get eBay to pull the listing because of that.

                Peter

                --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, sandy55961@... wrote:

                > Pascal, what was the complaint about the kit (other than it was a
                > recast)? I too saw that it was pulled off the site.
                > Just curious,
                > Steve Sliger
                > Greenwell Springs, LA
                >

                > In a message dated 7/31/2012 8:23:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
                > pascal.hecker@... writes:
                >

                > someone at ebay just been complaining about this kit, very childish, I hope
                > it is not someone of this site is
                >
                > --- In _space-modelers@yahoogroups.com_
                > (mailto:space-modelers@yahoogroups.com) , "Karl D Dodenhoff" <thedude@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Went to take a look, and it's been removed. Ugh!
                > >
                > > Karl D Dodenhoff
                > > _http://www.myspacemuseum.com/_ (http://www.myspacemuseum.com/)

              • Mat Irvine
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1 11:26 AM
                  In message <jvbmde+lgip@...>, peterojoe <petero@...>
                  writes
                  >I don't know if the recast model itself would be a problem, but the scanned
                  >copies of the Virtual LM and Virtual Apollo books are definitely copyright
                  >violations. Either the author or publisher could get eBay to pull the listing
                  >because of that.

                  This is getting interesting (well in a if-you've-nothing-else-to-do-sort
                  of-way...) in that the publisher didn't pull it*, so, logically (??) it
                  would only leave the original producer, ie Phil...???

                  (* and if you are wondering how I know, remember it's also one of my
                  publishers..)

                  mat

                  Mat Irvine

                  mat@...
                  www.smallspace.demon.co.uk

                  ...let's be careful out there...
                • Keith McNeill
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 1 12:06 PM
                    Strange, as Phil has kept a very low profile for a while now. Conversely
                    however by getting it wthdrawn he's hardly exactly putting his neck on
                    the line as far as folk finding him.

                    Keith

                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 1 12:08 PM
                      Kev

                      Thanks for that. If I remember rightly it isn't exactly an easy process
                      and in that particular case I was lucky I got the guy to withdraw them
                      myself after ebay ignored me.

                      But in case I'm thinking of something else I'll investigate the process.

                      Keith

                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 1 12:21 PM
                        In message <50197E49.8070608@...>, Keith McNeill <keithmcne
                        ill@...> writes
                        >Strange, as Phil has kept a very low profile for a while now. Conversely
                        >however by getting it wthdrawn he's hardly exactly putting his neck on
                        >the line as far as folk finding him.
                        >
                        >Keith

                        Keith, I agree - I haven't heard from him for years, he has kept a low
                        profile. But then who else would ask for it to be taken down?

                        >Mat Irvine wrote:
                        >
                        >> In message <jvbmde+lgip@...
                        >> <mailto:jvbmde%2Blgip%40eGroups.com>>, peterojoe <petero@...
                        >> <mailto:petero%40metrocast.net>>
                        >> writes
                        >> >I don't know if the recast model itself would be a problem, but the
                        >> scanned
                        >> >copies of the Virtual LM and Virtual Apollo books are definitely
                        >> copyright
                        >> >violations. Either the author or publisher could get eBay to pull the
                        >> listing
                        >> >because of that.
                        >>
                        >> This is getting interesting (well in a if-you've-nothing-else-to-do-sort
                        >> of-way...) in that the publisher didn't pull it*, so, logically (??) it
                        >> would only leave the original producer, ie Phil...???
                        >>
                        >> (* and if you are wondering how I know, remember it's also one of my
                        >> publishers..)

                        mat

                        Mat Irvine

                        mat@...
                        www.smallspace.demon.co.uk

                        ...let's be careful out there...
                      • trinitylisa1
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 2 4:46 AM
                          curiosity got the better of me

                          and i went to see the seller,as i know this person,
                          it is not a vista kit,it looks like one,but its not
                          the quality everything about it,puts the vista kit to shame,
                          i can tell you now i was very surprised in deed,
                          like everyone else,i really thought it was a vista kit,
                          its the same scale everything,but its really is not a vista kit
                          i was that impressed i have ordered one,i would say shame on you lot,
                          but i was on the same fence at first.

                          --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, Mat Irvine <mat@...> wrote:

                          > In message <50197E49.8070608@...>, Keith McNeill <keithmcne
                          > ill@...> writes
                          > >Strange, as Phil has kept a very low profile for a while now. Conversely
                          > >however by getting it wthdrawn he's hardly exactly putting his neck on
                          > >the line as far as folk finding him.
                          > >
                          > >Keith
                          >

                          > Keith, I agree - I haven't heard from him for years, he has kept a low
                          > profile. But then who else would ask for it to be taken down?
                          >

                          > >Mat Irvine wrote:
                          > >
                          > >> In message <jvbmde+lgip@...
                          > >> <mailto:jvbmde%2Blgip%40eGroups.com>>, peterojoe <petero@...
                          > >> <mailto:petero%40metrocast.net>>
                          > >> writes
                          > >> scanned
                          > >> copyright
                          > >> listing
                          > >>
                          > >> This is getting interesting (well in a if-you've-nothing-else-to-do-sort
                          > >> of-way...) in that the publisher didn't pull it*, so, logically (??) it
                          > >> would only leave the original producer, ie Phil...???
                          > >>
                          > >> (* and if you are wondering how I know, remember it's also one of my
                          > >> publishers..)
                          > >>

                          > mat
                          >
                          > Mat Irvine
                          >
                          > mat@...
                          > www.smallspace.demon.co.uk
                          >
                          > ...let's be careful out there...

                        • Mat Irvine
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 2 5:20 AM
                            In message <jvdpar+7v0g@...>, trinitylisa1
                            <trinitylisa1@...> writes
                            >curiosity got the better of me
                            >
                            >and i went to see the seller,as i know this person,
                            >it is not a vista kit,it looks like one,but its not
                            >the quality everything about it,puts the vista kit to shame,
                            >i can tell you now i was very surprised in deed,
                            >like everyone else,i really thought it was a vista kit,
                            >its the same scale everything,but its really is not a vista kit
                            >i was that impressed i have ordered one,i would say shame on you lot,
                            >but i was on the same fence at first.

                            OK, but then why was it pulled??

                            mat

                            Mat Irvine

                            mat@...
                            www.smallspace.demon.co.uk

                            ...let's be careful out there...
                          • peterojoe
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 2 5:40 AM
                              There's a link on every item to "Report this item" or something to that effect. It leads you through a series of menus to file a claim. I've done that on occasion when other sellers have used my auction photos.

                              Peter

                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 2 5:59 AM
                                The LM's parts breakdown and materials appeared to replicate the Vista kit exactly. Unfortunately, I didn't save the auction's photos before it was taken down, so I can't say for sure now.

                                Furthermore, the seller has been selling what look like recasts of ReHeat space figures, including John Glenn and the Shuttle/SR-71 pilot.

                                SR-71/Shuttle Pilot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261066619928

                                John Glenn: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261057660336

                                I have the real ReHeat Mercury Astronaut figure, and it certainly looks identical to me. The desk and Mercury capsule make it pretty obvious too.

                                In her defense, she also sells a 1/32 Mercury that does not appear to be either the new Crow's Nest kit or the old Collect-Aire kit, both of which I have.

                                Peter

                                --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, Mat Irvine <mat@...> wrote:

                                > In message <jvdpar+7v0g@...>, trinitylisa1
                                > <trinitylisa1@...> writes
                                > >curiosity got the better of me
                                > >
                                > >and i went to see the seller,as i know this person,
                                > >it is not a vista kit,it looks like one,but its not
                                > >the quality everything about it,puts the vista kit to shame,
                                > >i can tell you now i was very surprised in deed,
                                > >like everyone else,i really thought it was a vista kit,
                                > >its the same scale everything,but its really is not a vista kit
                                > >i was that impressed i have ordered one,i would say shame on you lot,
                                > >but i was on the same fence at first.
                                >

                                > OK, but then why was it pulled??
                                >
                                > mat
                                >
                                > Mat Irvine
                                >
                                > mat@...
                                > www.smallspace.demon.co.uk
                                >
                                > ...let's be careful out there...

                              • Keith McNeill
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 2 6:05 AM
                                  Certainly looks like a Vista LM to me, right down to the too wide
                                  ladder, the way the individual parts are broken down and to the
                                  decals/stickers. Admittedly a better casting, but I suspect its
                                  parentage is Vista.

                                  Keith

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 2 6:20 AM
                                    the item was pulled,due to the disk,having virtual apollo and virtual lm on the disks,which is copyright,which should of not been listed,
                                    plus the seller has contacted vincents meens,but he has not replyed
                                    and yes you are correct,they do look like vista parts,but they are not
                                    this is a new kit,same scale same build,there is few parts that are diffrent as well,i know this kit is being re-listed but when i am not sure,
                                    i asked were this kit has come from,and it has been done by 3 people
                                    look at this way,this is a new kit,a kit that a lot of people have been waiting for,yes she has past but look at the mercury kit,thats not the same as any other kit,time will tell the kit is being sold for
                                    £212.00 plus the postage costs
                                    plus if ebay remove the kit again,then ebay will have a legal battle
                                    to fight.

                                    --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "peterojoe" <petero@...> wrote:

                                    > The LM's parts breakdown and materials appeared to replicate the Vista kit exactly. Unfortunately, I didn't save the auction's photos before it was taken down, so I can't say for sure now.
                                    >
                                    > Furthermore, the seller has been selling what look like recasts of ReHeat space figures, including John Glenn and the Shuttle/SR-71 pilot.
                                    >
                                    > SR-71/Shuttle Pilot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261066619928
                                    >
                                    > John Glenn: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261057660336
                                    >
                                    > I have the real ReHeat Mercury Astronaut figure, and it certainly looks identical to me. The desk and Mercury capsule make it pretty obvious too.
                                    >
                                    > In her defense, she also sells a 1/32 Mercury that does not appear to be either the new Crow's Nest kit or the old Collect-Aire kit, both of which I have.
                                    >
                                    > Peter
                                    >
                                    > --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, Mat Irvine <mat@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > In message <jvdpar+7v0g@>, trinitylisa1
                                    > > <trinitylisa1@> writes
                                    > > >curiosity got the better of me
                                    > > >
                                    > > >and i went to see the seller,as i know this person,
                                    > > >it is not a vista kit,it looks like one,but its not
                                    > > >the quality everything about it,puts the vista kit to shame,
                                    > > >i can tell you now i was very surprised in deed,
                                    > > >like everyone else,i really thought it was a vista kit,
                                    > > >its the same scale everything,but its really is not a vista kit
                                    > > >i was that impressed i have ordered one,i would say shame on you lot,
                                    > > >but i was on the same fence at first.
                                    > >

                                    > > OK, but then why was it pulled??
                                    > >
                                    > > mat
                                    > >
                                    > > Mat Irvine
                                    > >
                                    > > mat@
                                    > > www.smallspace.demon.co.uk
                                    > >
                                    > > ...let's be careful out there...

                                  • Vincent Meens
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 2 7:00 AM
                                      I simply asked whether this was a new product, I received an acknowledgement
                                      of my question by e-bay but nothing more. I have not been contacted by the
                                      seller and never received any response to my question (you are actually
                                      giving the answer)

                                      Cordialement / Sincerely

                                      Vincent Meens

                                      http://spacemodels.nuxit.net

                                      the item was pulled,due to the disk,having virtual apollo and virtual lm on
                                      the disks,which is copyright,which should of not been listed,
                                      plus the seller has contacted vincents meens,but he has not replyed
                                      and yes you are correct,they do look like vista parts,but they are not
                                      this is a new kit,same scale same build,there is few parts that are diffrent
                                      as well,i know this kit is being re-listed but when i am not sure,
                                      i asked were this kit has come from,and it has been done by 3 people
                                      look at this way,this is a new kit,a kit that a lot of people have been
                                      waiting for,yes she has past but look at the mercury kit,thats not the same
                                      as any other kit,time will tell the kit is being sold for
                                      £212.00 plus the postage costs
                                      plus if ebay remove the kit again,then ebay will have a legal battle
                                      to fight.

                                      --- In <mailto:space-modelers%40yahoogroups.com>
                                      space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "peterojoe" < <mailto:petero@...>
                                      petero@...> wrote:

                                      > The LM's parts breakdown and materials appeared to replicate the Vista kit
                                      exactly. Unfortunately, I didn't save the auction's photos before it was
                                      taken down, so I can't say for sure now.

                                      > Furthermore, the seller has been selling what look like recasts of ReHeat
                                      space figures, including John Glenn and the Shuttle/SR-71 pilot.

                                      > SR-71/Shuttle Pilot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261066619928
                                      >
                                      > John Glenn: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261057660336
                                      >
                                      > I have the real ReHeat Mercury Astronaut figure, and it certainly looks
                                      identical to me. The desk and Mercury capsule make it pretty obvious too.

                                      > In her defense, she also sells a 1/32 Mercury that does not appear to be
                                      either the new Crow's Nest kit or the old Collect-Aire kit, both of which I
                                      have.

                                      > Peter
                                      >
                                      > --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
                                      <mailto:space-modelers%40yahoogroups.com> , Mat Irvine <mat@> wrote:

                                      > > In message <jvdpar+7v0g@>, trinitylisa1
                                      > > <trinitylisa1@> writes
                                      > > >curiosity got the better of me
                                      > > >
                                      > > >and i went to see the seller,as i know this person,
                                      > > >it is not a vista kit,it looks like one,but its not
                                      > > >the quality everything about it,puts the vista kit to shame,
                                      > > >i can tell you now i was very surprised in deed,
                                      > > >like everyone else,i really thought it was a vista kit,
                                      > > >its the same scale everything,but its really is not a vista kit
                                      > > >i was that impressed i have ordered one,i would say shame on you lot,
                                      > > >but i was on the same fence at first.
                                      > >

                                      > > OK, but then why was it pulled??
                                      > >
                                      > > mat
                                      > >
                                      > > Mat Irvine
                                      > >
                                      > > mat@
                                      > > <http://www.smallspace.demon.co.uk> www.smallspace.demon.co.uk
                                      > >
                                      > > ...let's be careful out there...

                                    • Vincent
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 4 2:28 PM
                                        Just to let space modelers « work it out », I asked a question to christinepink to know whether this was a new product or a recast, full stop. I never sent any complaint and never mention the CD and virtual LM. Christinepink send me a response about the CD and not the model thinking that I was a co-writer of the book, I never wrote any line in this book. On a light note what relates to me to Virtual LM is a picture I took of LM-9 in KSC which is printed there without my permission but I never complained since it says it comes from the project Apollo archive web site and when you go to the web site it says photo Vincent Meens.

                                        I explained this to Christinepink and received a nice response in return since there was some kind of misunderstanding.

                                        I was as surprised as you are that the item was removed.

                                        Cordialement / Sincerely

                                        Vincent Meens
                                        http://spacemodels.nuxit.net