RE: [space-modelers] Lunar Lander/ Lunar Module need information

  • Vincent Meens
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      I made a 1/24 LM and all blueprints and detailed drawings are on my web site
      at http://spacemodels.nuxit.net/LEM-24/index.htm

      In the blueprint the dimensions are in cm and at 1/24 so you will need to
      rescale everything

      Vincent

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
        Vince, thanks much this helps get me started.. I will post pics as I progress..

        steveg.

        --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Vincent Meens" <vincent.meens@...> wrote:

        > I made a 1/24 LM and all blueprints and detailed drawings are on my web site
        > at http://spacemodels.nuxit.net/LEM-24/index.htm
        >

        > In the blueprint the dimensions are in cm and at 1/24 so you will need to
        > rescale everything
        >

        > Vincent

      • Kevin Kilkenny
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
          Hi,

          Getting thru the posts slowly. IMHO it all depends on what your doing with
          it. If it's going to be a "play area" for kids then I would said build boxes
          so they can climb in and around it. Then put the compound shapes on the
          outside to "accurate" the thing up.
          Come to think of it if I were doing a 1:2 or 3 super accurate sculpt of it,
          prolly do the same - - I would build it like a giant card model. Build the
          big base shapes and then add the details around it.
          Good luck with the project and make sure to takes pic for us to see.

          Kev K
          ~ ~ ~

        • retrorocket@aol.com