[space-modelers] Re: Which Shuttles (Formerly OT: Pathfinder history)
- Justin Wigg writes:
<< I want to build OV-101 as one of the six orbiter kits I'm planning (one
for each of the orbiters) but am not sure which era to epresent it.>>
Interesting question! This is my take:
* Enterprise as during the early glide tests with the white, rather than
black, areas around the cockpit windows. I would probably model it with the
tail fairing in landing config. or on the 747.
* Columbia as on STS-1 with the white painted ET. Second choice would be
STS-61C with the pod on the fin.
* Challenger as on her last flight as a stack.
* Discovery in orbit.
* Atlantis in landing config with weathering (reentry effects).
* Endeavor as the latest orbiter, in the current config as a stack, with
the drag chute and latest markings.
NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at