Re: [space-modelers] Something in Mat Irvines book.

  • tankmodeler@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2011
      Carl,

      Where is that discussion?

      Paul
       Paul Roberts

      ________________________________
      From: Carl <hal9001cm51@...>
      To: space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, March 1, 2011 2:45:11 AM
      Subject: [space-modelers] Something in Mat Irvines book.

      Sven said we could talk about anything in Mat's book so I'll do just that.

      For anyone interested in seeing the new Moebius Space Clipper kit can go to
      HobbyTalk and see a comparison of the original Aurora release and the re-pop
      from 1979 to the Moebius kit.

      Looks to me they copied the Aurora kit and modified the engine section to better
      depict the screen model. Too, looks like they omitted some of the details. The
      Moebius kit looks to be a little sparse in fuselage detail. Others may be glad
      they removed the heavy panel lines. Two schools of thought here.

      That said, I am glad to see this kit and will most likely buy a couple. Not only
      that, the price is good too. Especially considering the price you'd have to pay
      for the Aurora kits or even the Airfix kit on a bid baises! :- (

      Carl-

    • Carl Moss
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2011
        Hey Paul, sorry I didn't mention where to find it. I believe it's under "Moebius Models". For some reason, I can't connect with Hobby Talk at the moment. Is the site down? Don't know.

        But anyway try looking under the dedicated thread for Moebius Models and look through them, it should be near the top.

        NEVER MIND, I just connected, so, like I said, go to the Moebius thread and look under "Clipper Time" and there you will be enlightened.

        If you aren't fimiliar with the site, of course you will have to go to the "forums" and click on "models". Then go from there.

        Carl-