Re: [space-modelers] Mercury Atlas Kit Everything is "Go"

  • Mat Irvine
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2011
      In message <00bb01cbc186$c1fb9560$45f2c020$@...>, Chuck Holte
      <cholte@...> writes
      >Greetings All,
      >
      >I recently acquired the Revell Mercury Atlas Everything is "Go" kit (rebox?)
      >and it looks like a project for a few cold winter nights. The previous
      >owner started construction on the booster and had it somewhat together.more
      >work to do to fix the seams, etc. Looking ahead a little, are there
      >building tips and/or decals available for this kit? I'd appreciate any
      >help.
      >
      >Cheers,
      >
      >chuck

      You may find Ed Bisconti does a repro set for this - email him at
      <scifi77@...> or <ed1106@...> (Dunno which is current - both
      maybe?) He has an eBay store.

      mat

      Mat Irvine

      mat@...
      www.smallspace.demon.co.uk

      ...let's be careful out there...
    • sandy55961@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2011
        Chuck,
        I have an old kit that was partially built & I may still have the
        complete decal sheet in my decal file. If you need them, e-mail me off board.
        Steve Sliger
        Greenwell Springs, LA

        sandy55961ATaolDOTcom

        In a message dated 1/31/2011 8:53:38 P.M. Central Standard Time,
        cholte@... writes:

        Thanks Herb, nice build!

        chuck

        From: _space-modelers@yahoogroups.com_
        Here are some pics of my build. Mine came with decals, perhaps the previous
        owner lost them.

        Herb

        s_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/space-modelers/photos/album/1292015334/pic/lis)

        --- In _space-modelers@yahoogroups.com_
        (mailto:space-modelers@yahoogroups.com)
        <mailto:space-modelers%40yahoogroups.com> , "Chuck Holte" <cholte@...>
        wrote:

        > Greetings All,
        >
        > I recently acquired the Revell Mercury Atlas Everything is "Go" kit
        (rebox?)
        > and it looks like a project for a few cold winter nights. The previous
        > owner started construction on the booster and had it somewhat
        together.more
        > work to do to fix the seams, etc. Looking ahead a little, are there
        > building tips and/or decals available for this kit? I'd appreciate any
        > help.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > chuck

      • Raymond J. Ramirez
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2011
          That build reminded me of my build that I completed July 15th,
          1962. My mother still keeps a picture of me next to the completed
          model.

          Raymond

          Quoting Herb <herbgara@...>:

          > Hey Chuck.
          >
          > Here are some pics of my build. Mine came with decals, perhaps the
          > previous owner lost them.
          >
          > Herb

          > --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Holte" <cholte@...>
          wrote:

          >> Greetings All,
          >>
          >> I recently acquired the Revell Mercury Atlas Everything is "Go"
          kit (rebox?)
          >> and it looks like a project for a few cold winter nights.  The
          previous
          >> owner started construction on the booster and had it somewhat
          together.more
          >> work to do to fix the seams, etc.  Looking ahead a little, are
          there
          >> building tips and/or decals available for this kit?  I'd
          appreciate any
          >> help.
          >>
          >> Cheers,
          >>
          >> chuck

        • Joe Martin
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2011
            A while back a guy wrote an article about building and modifying the Pilgrim
            Space Station.
            Does anyone remember where he purchased the magnets from?
            Joe
            Visit Your Group

            .

          • Keith McNeill
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2011
              Not specifically, but this is probably what you are after.

              http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=tiny+magnets&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=7042358990&ref=pd_sl_3inxw6bat_e

              Keith

              Joe Martin wrote:

              > A while back a guy wrote an article about building and modifying the
              > Pilgrim
              > Space Station.
              > Does anyone remember where he purchased the magnets from?
              > Joe
              > Visit Your Group

              > ..

            • Richard B.
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2011
                I didn't see the article myself but I get mine from Hobby Lobby.  They have Rare Earth, very strong, magnets in four different sizes.  The package calls them Craft Magnets..

                Richard B.
                http://www.freewebs.com/richrocket/index.htm

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1, 2011
                  thanks for the information.
                  Joe

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Joe Martin wrote:

                  > A while back a guy wrote an article about building and modifying the
                  > Pilgrim
                  > Space Station.
                  > Does anyone remember where he purchased the magnets from?
                  > Joe
                  > Visit Your Group

                  > ..

                • Joe
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 1, 2011
                    Coolness. Thanks for the information.
                    Joe

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 1, 2011
                      Thanks Mat and Steve. I think I have a local source for the decals.

                      Cheers,

                      chuck

                      I have an old kit that was partially built & I may still have the
                      complete decal sheet in my decal file. If you need them, e-mail me off board.
                      Steve Sliger
                      Greenwell Springs, LA

                      sandy55961ATaolDOTcom

                      In a message dated 1/31/2011 8:53:38 P.M. Central Standard Time,
                      cholte@... <mailto:cholte%40comcast.net> writes:

                      Thanks Herb, nice build!

                      chuck

                      From: _space-modelers@yahoogroups.com <mailto:_space-modelers%40yahoogroups.com> _