Re: [space-modelers] New SIM on Skylab

  • james allaire
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 27, 2010
      Hello to all.

      I am pleased to announced that I am very pleased with Mike's "New SIM on Skylab".

      I have always wanted to scratchbuild Skylab in 1/72 scale, and with this SIM book, David's Skylab scale drawings, Glenn's CSM in 1/72 scale and the Fine Scale Modeler xxx article on Skylab by xxx, I hope to make that a reality over the winter months.

      The new SIM is well worth the money for those interested in what turned out to be a short project for the early seventies.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 2, 2010
        Jim

        There's no excuse now :-)

        That would be my Skylab article from several years ago. Hope it can add
        in a small part to the other references you quoted.

        Keith

        james allaire wrote:

        > Hello to all.
        >
        > I am pleased to announced that I am very pleased with Mike's "New SIM
        > on Skylab".
        >
        > I have always wanted to scratchbuild Skylab in 1/72 scale, and with
        > this SIM book, David's Skylab scale drawings, Glenn's CSM in 1/72
        > scale and the Fine Scale Modeler xxx article on Skylab by xxx, I hope
        > to make that a reality over the winter months.
        >
        > The new SIM is well worth the money for those interested in what
        > turned out to be a short project for the early seventies.
        >
        > Jim
        >

        > --- On Fri, 9/10/10, Michael Mackowski <mjmackowski@...
        > <mailto:mjmackowski%40getnet.net>> wrote:
        >
        > From: Michael Mackowski <mjmackowski@...
        > <mailto:mjmackowski%40getnet.net>>
        > Subject: [space-modelers] New SIM on Skylab
        > To: "SpaceModelers Yahoo Groups" <space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:space-modelers%40yahoogroups.com>>
        > Date: Friday, September 10, 2010, 11:05 PM
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > I am pleased to announce a new Space In Miniature (SIM) book on the
        > Skylab program.
        > This is the first in a series of short versions of the Space In
        > Miniature series that I am calling "Tech Reports". These will be on
        > topics too short for full length printed books. This first volume is
        > an expanded version of a short article I published inSIM #1 - A Scale
        > Spacecraft Primer. That booklet is getting somewhat dated so this new
        > publication is also an attempt to offer expanded and updated versions
        > of older material.
        >
        > When I was in college I was a co-op engineer at NASA's Marshall Space
        > Flight Center when Skylab was launched. That, plus my time at
        > McDonnell Douglas got me access to a lot of Skylab data. In 1975 I
        > scratch-built a 1/96th scale model. This book compiles the best of
        > that experience and material.
        >
        > These Tech Reports will only be available via electronic download and
        > payment via Paypal. It allows the use of color illustrations, and
        > simplifies my life by eliminating the need to fill orders, store boxes
        > of books, run to the post office, etc. The reports can also be updated
        > as needed. When I receive your order, I will send you an e-mail with
        > a link to the pdf file. It is about 42MB file.
        >
        > Check it out at www.spaceinminiature.com.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mike Mackowski

      • james allaire
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 3, 2010

          james allaire wrote:

          > Hello to all.
          >
          > I am pleased to announced that I am very pleased with Mike's "New SIM
          > on Skylab".
          >
          > I have always wanted to scratchbuild Skylab in 1/72 scale, and with
          > this SIM book, David's Skylab scale drawings, Glenn's CSM in 1/72
          > scale and the Fine Scale Modeler xxx article on Skylab by xxx, I hope
          > to make that a reality over the winter months.
          >
          > The new SIM is well worth the money for those interested in what
          > turned out to be a short project for the early seventies.
          >
          > Jim
          >

          > --- On Fri, 9/10/10, Michael Mackowski <mjmackowski@...
          > <mailto:mjmackowski%40getnet.net>> wrote:
          >
          > From: Michael Mackowski <mjmackowski@...
          > <mailto:mjmackowski%40getnet.net>>
          > Subject: [space-modelers] New SIM on Skylab
          > To: "SpaceModelers Yahoo Groups" <space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:space-modelers%40yahoogroups.com>>
          > Date: Friday, September 10, 2010, 11:05 PM
          >
          > Hi,
          >
          > I am pleased to announce a new Space In Miniature (SIM) book on the
          > Skylab program.
          > This is the first in a series of short versions of the Space In
          > Miniature series that I am calling "Tech Reports". These will be on
          > topics too short for full length printed books. This first volume is
          > an expanded version of a short article I published inSIM #1 - A Scale
          > Spacecraft Primer. That booklet is getting somewhat dated so this new
          > publication is also an attempt to offer expanded and updated versions
          > of older material.
          >
          > When I was in college I was a co-op engineer at NASA's Marshall Space
          > Flight Center when Skylab was launched. That, plus my time at
          > McDonnell Douglas got me access to a lot of Skylab data. In 1975 I
          > scratch-built a 1/96th scale model. This book compiles the best of
          > that experience and material.
          >
          > These Tech Reports will only be available via electronic download and
          > payment via Paypal. It allows the use of color illustrations, and
          > simplifies my life by eliminating the need to fill orders, store boxes
          > of books, run to the post office, etc. The reports can also be updated
          > as needed. When I receive your order, I will send you an e-mail with
          > a link to the pdf file. It is about 42MB file.
          >
          > Check it out at www.spaceinminiature.com.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Mike Mackowski

        • james allaire
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 3, 2010
            My apologies to Keith McNeill and the group for my blunder with these last two emails of mine.

            I was wondering whatever happened to the first email, which I thought I had saved as a draft, as I was looking for the FineScale article on his fabulous Skylab build.  His article appeared in the November 2000 issue of FineScale Modeler.

            As for my second email blunder, it is totally obvious that it is way too early in the morning, and that I have yet to have my coffee.

            Again, my apologies to the group.

            Jim