Re: [space-modelers] Re: The new year

  • Carl Moss
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 1, 2010
      Hey! I resemble that remark! I'd be willing to bet Michelle, that you have a T-shirt somewhere that reads, "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here...". : - )

      Carl-

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 1, 2010
        --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, doug holverson <dholverson@...> wrote:

        > On Dec 31, 2009, at 9:45 PM, doug holverson wrote:

        >> On Dec 31, 2009, at 9:31 PM, Karl D Dodenhoff wrote:

        >>> Where the hell are our flying cars and robot maids.

        >> Well, the flying car crashed and burned. I got proof:
        >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5moG_bYPQk

        > PS: I still think that would make an awesome kit-bash!

        The wings and tail ~look~ to me like an old Cessna 337. Is that accurate?
      • mach25media
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 1, 2010
          Actually, my favorite is a depiction of the galaxy with "You Are Here" and an arrow denoting our spot in the Milky Way, then there is a second arrow pointing to a spot on the other side of the galaxy that says "All the Good Stuff is Here!"

          Michelle

          --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, Carl Moss <hal9001cm51@...> wrote:

          > Hey! I resemble that remark! I'd be willing to bet Michelle, that you have a T-shirt somewhere that reads, "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here...". : - )
          >

          > Carl-

        • David Erbas-White
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 1, 2010
            mach25media wrote:
            > Actually, my favorite is a depiction of the galaxy with "You Are Here" and an arrow denoting our spot in the Milky Way, then there is a second arrow pointing to a spot on the other side of the galaxy that says "All the Good Stuff is Here!"

            I have a T-shirt with a minor variation of that -- it points to 'You Are
            Here', and the opposite side of the galaxy is "The Restrooms Are
            Here"... I get lots of comments when I wear it...

            David Erbas-White
          • Richard B.
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 1, 2010
              I got one of those! lol  Done in night glow paint.  Got another of a star scape also in night glow paint and if you look closely you can see Einstein.

              Richard B. down in Texas
              'Onward, thru the fog'
              http://www.freewebs.com/richrocket/index.htm

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 2, 2010
                Cool variation on a theme. I could see getting a lot of comments about that. There are times when it seems the restrooms may be on the other side of the galaxy! :-)

                Michelle