Re: [space-modelers] Contact & ordering address for David Newman R&D/Muroc Models?

  • Jon Davies
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
      Many thanks, David.
      Do you by any chance have a current list of the avialable models you carry, with prices and shipment to UK. Unfortunately, there is no list with the Edward's gift shop.

      Many thanks
      Jon

      From: Jon Davies <jhd.qms@talk21. com>
      To: space-modelers@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, June 26, 2009, 4:13 AM

      Does anyone have contact details for placing orders with David Newman's R&D/Muroc models, as the Edward's Flight Test Museum gift-shop is still closed.

      Thanks in advance

      Jon

    • xplanefan12
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
        There is an on-line list of items available from Muroc Models here:

        http://www.edwardsflighttest.com/price_list.xls

        Though it doesn't appear to have been updated in a while.

        Tony

        --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, Jon Davies <jhd.qms@...> wrote:

        > Many thanks, David.
        > Do you by any chance have a current list of the avialable models you carry, with prices and shipment to UK. Unfortunately, there is no list with the Edward's gift shop.
        >
        > Many thanks
        > Jon

      • Blap! Models
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
          I was reading about the X-34 program recently so went looking for images
          online to use a reference form my Anigrand kit.

          I came across this picture of one of the three built no residing at Edwards
          bird poop and all. Remember you are seeing a 58 foot long vehicle here.
          http://tinyurl.com/kvjqth

          So I got to wondering. Is that one still there? Where are the other two?

          David Guertin
          BLAP! Models
          "Building the Future One Model at a Time"
          www.blapmodels.com
        • tankmodeler@rogers.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
            You'd a thought that for the cost of the program, they could have, at least, sprung for a tarp. Sheesh!

            Paul Roberts
            Editor, Boresight

            ________________________________

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
                Hey David, i have the complete layout on a dxf. also a technique for
                applying the correct 1" square weave in the thermal blankets

                _http://tinyurl.http://tin_ (http://tinyurl.com/kvjqth)

                So I got to wondering. Is that one still there? Where are the other two?

                David Guertin
                BLAP! Models
                "Building the Future One Model at a Time"
                www.blapmodels.www.

                **************Dell Laptops: Huge Savings on Popular Laptops – Deals
                starting at
                $399(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222883570x1201497211/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D0)

              • xplanefan12
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
                  The original plan to construct three X-34's was cut down to just two about mid way through the test program. The first was to be static and captive flight testing only, but was in the process of being modified for glide flight testing when the program was cancelled. The second prototype was still under assembly at OSC and was delivered to Edwards for storage after cancellation. Both prototypes were placed in storage in an old hangar at Edwards North Base along with all of the actual TPS and associated hardware. A pic of the two from July 2007 can be found here:

                  http://www.edwardsflighttest.com/pics/X-34s.jpg

                  One prototype was scheduled to be donated to the Flight Test Center museum at Edwards, but I don't know if that was ever made official. But, since the museum is limited on space, it probably would have just moved to the hangar next door where some of the museum aircraft are stored. The NASA Dryden photo gallery has a small selection of X-34 images available on line here:

                  http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Photo/X-34/HTML/index.html

                  If you still need more imagery, just ask, I'm sure I could dig up more if necessary. Hope that helps.

                  Tony

                  --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Blap! Models" <blap@...> wrote:

                  > I was reading about the X-34 program recently so went looking for images
                  > online to use a reference form my Anigrand kit.
                  >
                  > I came across this picture of one of the three built no residing at Edwards
                  > bird poop and all. Remember you are seeing a 58 foot long vehicle here.
                  > http://tinyurl.com/kvjqth
                  >
                  > So I got to wondering. Is that one still there? Where are the other two?
                  >
                  > David Guertin
                  > BLAP! Models
                  > "Building the Future One Model at a Time"
                  > www.blapmodels.com

                • Carl Moss
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
                    David, A little advice. Don't bother looking in your 595a to get an FS# for weathered bird poop, it ain't in there, I looked. I suppose that color never became a standard?

                    Carl-