Soyuz TMA WiP

  • Keith McNeill
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2009
      Been working on the unique style of thermal blankets on the Ogonek Soyuz
      conversion and the best I could come up with was to lay down filler and
      sculpt in the detail, followed by thicker kitchen foil. I've started a
      folder called Soyuz TMA in the Files section with the first of the WiP
      photos.

      Keith
    • soyuztm@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2009
        Keith
        Fantastic work, as usual. The TMA conversion with blankets looks so real.
        I can't wait to follow your progression of this model!
        Tim Vigorito
        **************Join ChristianMingle.com® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
        your area. Start now!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221673648x1201419171/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html%3Fcat%3Dadbuy%26
        src%3Dplatforma%26adid%3Dfooter:050109%26newurl%3Dreg_path.html)

      • Keith McNeill
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2009
          Thanks very much, Tim. I originally planned to do it as the ASTP misson
          to go with the Monogram CSM, but ran out of patience and motivation. I
          resurrected it from the attic when it dawned on me I could combine
          photos of it and the ISS which would make a change from the shuttle
          docking with the station.

          Amazing really that the longest serving manned spacecraft has never been
          kitted at a reasonable scale by the main kit manufacturers (I know Glenn
          does a 1/72 TMA).

          Keith

          soyuztm@... wrote:

          >Keith
          >Fantastic work, as usual. The TMA conversion with blankets looks so real.
          >I can't wait to follow your progression of this model!
          >Tim Vigorito
          >**************Join ChristianMingle.com® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
          >your area. Start now!
          >(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221673648x1201419171/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html%3Fcat%3Dadbuy%26
          >src%3Dplatforma%26adid%3Dfooter:050109%26newurl%3Dreg_path.html)

        • arthur krull
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2009
            And Tom makes a 1/48th scale Soyuz kit.

            Art

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2009
              Yes, I should have rememberd that.

              Is that not one of the older variants though?

              Keith

              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2009
                Keith
                It is a pleasure to see and observe the work of such accomplished space  modelers such as yourself- I once used a Testors a gunmetal gray metallic color ( I will look up the # color) that seemed to reflect gray/black shades of TMA blankets.
                Tim

                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2009
                  Yeah. Tom's kit can be built as Soyuz 4 or 5.

                  I keep hoping that an ASTP kit will be forthcoming.