Re: [space-modelers] Re: NASA F-104 & TF-104 Starfighters

  • sandy55961@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
      Well after some searching, I was able to come up with both the Victory
      Productions decal sheet:
      VPD48005 - USAF and NASA Starfighters which as both the bare metal & the
      white & blue schemes
      along with a many USAF bare metal & camo schemes and the instruction sheet
      for the decals. So I have everything I need to build one of each of the
      offered schemes. I think I had seen the Hasegawa release of the 1/48 NASA
      Starfighter kit somewhere on the internet but have not seen one in the flesh as of
      yet.
      Thanks,
      Steve Sliger
      Greenwell Springs, LA

      In a message dated 1/31/2009 9:23:38 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      mkrobel1@... writes:

      There is also a 1/48 scale version of the NASA kit.? The 1/.72 version has
      decals/instructions for the bare metal scheme as Lee Anne said, the Double
      Blue scheme as seen in the NASM,and the blue/white version.? I have two of
      those.? I should think the 1/48 has the same features.

      Mike

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
        --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wright <mew@...> wrote:

        > If you have a kit of a G, no backdating
        > required - just fair over the gunport. Other variants were also flown
        > by NASA, a list of which was posted in a thread on the subject a short
        > while ago. At that time I mentioned that NASA 2-seaters always had tip
        > tanks, while the single seaters used them, but not always.

        One more thing to watch for on the Hasegawa kit. The -G kit has the bulged main gear
        doors that were only used on aircraft built for Europe. This may not be accurate for the
        earlier F-104N acquired directly by NASA. As I recall, the one at the NASM does not have
        the bulged doors (need to find my pictures to confirm). They could be accurate for those
        they got from Germany, though; unless the doors were replaced with locally available
        regular ones. I have some -J kits that I intend to use for the earlier -N and an NF-104.

        Dom