Re: Jax-con report

  • pete.k2graphics
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 4:43 AM
      Boo-yah-h-h John! That's the way to do it!
      And don't it just peace you off to be lumped in with sci-fi? ( Don't get me started )

      One of our members, Mark Wright, has submitted a proposal to 2 or 3 model show
      organizers to re-categorize real spacecraft away from fictional stuff into a newly created
      Aerospace category with Space in a sub-category. ( check out message #68032 ) And it's
      been accepted by these organizers. Way to go Mark!

      We, as a group, could change these categories and all it takes is a written suggestion to
      the organizers.

      Let's see some pix and Congratulations again, John!

      Pete

      .I did very

    • numanoid@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 4:59 AM
        I think I will suggest that to the local group(s) as well. One of my entries,the Apollo 16 CSM"Casper" has pictures in the photos section already.I will post some images of the Apollo 12"Intrepid" landing site later today....John

        -------------- Original message from "pete.k2graphics" <pete.k2graphics@...>: --------------

        Boo-yah-h-h John! That's the way to do it!
        And don't it just peace you off to be lumped in with sci-fi? ( Don't get me started )

        One of our members, Mark Wright, has submitted a proposal to 2 or 3 model show
        organizers to re-categorize real spacecraft away from fictional stuff into a newly created
        Aerospace category with Space in a sub-category. ( check out message #68032 ) And it's
        been accepted by these organizers. Way to go Mark!

        We, as a group, could change these categories and all it takes is a written suggestion to
        the organizers.

        Let's see some pix and Congratulations again, John!

        Pete

        .I did very
        > well in my catagories.I won 1st place in 3 space catagories,2 seconds
        > and a 3rd.I did'nt get the "Best of show " for space&sci-fi though.A
        > fellow with a (Tiny)scatch built? klingon ship beat out my year long
        > 1/32 apollo 16 CSM & 6 month long Apollo 12 Lunar module.Why they
        > lumped fantasy craft and REAL space craft is beyond me.
        >....John

      • Kev K
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1 9:16 AM
          Hey John,

          Congratulations! Nice going.
          There are very few local (or even some regionals) that have space separated from Sci-fi.
          So you're in good comany with the rest of us.

          Looking forward to seeing the pics.

          Kev K
          ~ ~ ~