Re: [space-modelers] Scratchbuilt X-24C over at Hyperscale

  • Mat Irvine
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
      In message <195377.48786.qm@...>, larry wolfe
      <lew_bud@...> writes
      >And it looks even better in person. I saw it at
      >Scalefest this past weekend. Didn't realize he had
      >scratchbuilt it though (probably should have looked at
      >the category though), I thought it was one of
      >Collectaire's kits.
      >
      >Buddy

      The existing X-24C kit is from Sharkit.

      A build of it was going in the new book, but was one that got lost in
      the re-write!

      mat

      MAT IRVINE

      "New book - Scale Spacecraft Modelling - now out!"

      mat@...
      www.smallspace.demon.co.uk
    • larry wolfe
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
        Yes, it's a Phil "Bondo" Brandt creation.

        Buddy
        --- "Richard B." <rotteedad@...> wrote:

        > Just loaded a Photo Album titled Scale Fest 2007
        > Real Space Entries.
        > Well one ofthe shots is this X-24C but was placed
        > in another category.
        > Is this "Bondo" Brandt's?

      • larry wolfe
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
          Mat,

          In the write up, the article states that he took the
          Sharkit 1/72 kit and scaled it up to 1/48.

          Buddy
          --- Mat Irvine <mat@...> wrote:

          > In message
          > <195377.48786.qm@...>, larry
          > wolfe
          > <lew_bud@...> writes
          > >And it looks even better in person. I saw it at
          > >Scalefest this past weekend. Didn't realize he had
          > >scratchbuilt it though (probably should have looked
          > at
          > >the category though), I thought it was one of
          > >Collectaire's kits.
          > >
          > >Buddy
          >

          > The existing X-24C kit is from Sharkit.
          >
          > A build of it was going in the new book, but was one
          > that got lost in
          > the re-write!
          >

          > mat
          >
          > MAT IRVINE
          >

          > "New book - Scale Spacecraft Modelling - now out!"
          >
          > mat@...
          > www.smallspace.demon.co.uk

        • Richard B.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
            It sure is sweet.

            larry wolfe <lew_bud@...> wrote: Yes, it's a Phil "Bondo" Brandt creation.

            Buddy
            --- "Richard B." wrote:

            > Just loaded a Photo Album titled Scale Fest 2007
            > Real Space Entries.
            > Well one ofthe shots is this X-24C but was placed
            > in another category.
            > Is this "Bondo" Brandt's?

            Richard B. down in Texas
            'Onward, thru the fog'
            http://www.freewebs.com/richrocket/index.htm

          • Kev K
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2007
              I bet it does. I can only hope that it'll show up at the Nats this summer.
              I'd like to see it in person as well.
              I'm always amazed at the scratch building abilities of these guys.

              Kev K
              ~ ~ ~