Re: Decal question/favor

  • foleyenterprises777
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2007
      A hundred bucks!!! I just spent a year on a five dollar model and
      scratch built pad 39... I've got about 10 bucks in the whole diorama:
      http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Robert777/1space003.jpg
      In this photo the handrails are porch screen, the tower is free cut
      stir sticks for paint from Wal-Mart, the disk array is thumb tacks,
      the arm platform is soldered pushpins on a disposable razor, the
      white tubes are clothes hangers, and the rest is mostly tooth picksÂ…

      Here's an incomplete VF-1 engine bell I'm making for a giant scratch
      Saturn V. It's a Renuzit deodorizer container, wire tie clippings
      under aluminum foil, weed-eater line and a shower curtain ring (To be
      shaped.) so far:

      http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Robert777/spaceandalisha003.jpg
      http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Robert777/spaceandalisha023.jpg
      http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Robert777/spaceandalisha024.jpg

      I'm not a wheeler dealer or cheap. My S.S. isn't enough to make basic
      household expenses.
      --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard B." <rotteedad@...>
      wrote:

      > I still need a set of 1/34th scale R7/Vostok stencil decals for
      Gagarins flight. Got the Cosmodrome kit that does not come with
      decals and I can't afford $100 for them as was earlier estimated to
      me.

    • timwilson3@cox.net
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2007
        The quality of your work is amazing. There's something to be said for craftsmanship!

        ---- foleyenterprises777 <foleyenterprises777@...> wrote:
        > A hundred bucks!!! I just spent a year on a five dollar model and
        > scratch built pad 39... I've got about 10 bucks in the whole diorama:
        > http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Robert777/1space003.jpg
        > In this photo the handrails are porch screen, the tower is free cut
        > stir sticks for paint from Wal-Mart, the disk array is thumb tacks,
        > the arm platform is soldered pushpins on a disposable razor, the
        > white tubes are clothes hangers, and the rest is mostly tooth picksÂ…
        >
        > Here's an incomplete VF-1 engine bell I'm making for a giant scratch
        > Saturn V. It's a Renuzit deodorizer container, wire tie clippings
        > under aluminum foil, weed-eater line and a shower curtain ring (To be
        > shaped.) so far:
        >
        > http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Robert777/spaceandalisha003.jpg
        > http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Robert777/spaceandalisha023.jpg
        > http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Robert777/spaceandalisha024.jpg
        >
        > I'm not a wheeler dealer or cheap. My S.S. isn't enough to make basic
        > household expenses.
      • dantdbv
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2007
          Hello Bob,

          If it's the 1/144 905 early markings that you need, then i have 1 set of SCA parts, tailcone and decals for SCA 905 (tailcone is nicked, decals have yelloved, it's from an early set), that i dont need. I would like to get 3$ + shipping for all of it or 1$ + shipping for just the decals. I have no idea about what the shipping cost will be, but pm. me if you are interested, then we can work it out.

          Have a nice day
          DanTDBV (The Droid Building Viking)
          Dan Nielsen
          Frederikssund