Re: [space-modelers] Re: DC-X markings

  • ABU625@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      In a message dated 3/31/2007 11:18:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      nartco@... writes:

      Hi Jim,

      I'm sorry I can't help with the pix, but I'm curious about the
      upcoming kit. Who's is it? What scale?

      Art
      --- In _space-modelers@space-modelespa_
      (mailto:space-modelers@yahoogroups.com) , "Jim Botaitis" <jbot@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello there! Can anyone help me with photos of the DC-X? I need
      to be able
      > to see all the sides of the ship, so that I can develop some decals
      for an
      > upcoming resin model.
      >
      > Thank you in advance.
      >

      > Jim Botaitis
      > JBOT DECALS
      > www.jbot.ca
      > ************ **** **** **** **** *

      Jim:

      The DC-X is being produced by my company, Fantastic Plastic Models, in 1:72.
      It is due to be released later this month -- if we can get the decals done!

      Watch the Skies!!!

      - Allen B. Ury
      Fantastic Plastic Models

    • Larry Evans
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        Jim,

        I attended several launches of the DCX and DCX-A, as well as
        the rollout of the DCX-A. I was fortunate enough to see the DCX-A
        as it was being rebuilt, too , and have photosgraphs of all these
        events.

        This were over a decade ago, and before digital, so I would have
        to scan them for you. I do have some basic info on my web site
        already, including a couple of photos and also a simple drawing
        that shows the four sides of the craft. You can see what I have by
        following the link below. There are a couple photos on this page,
        one at the top and one farther down and if you click on the upper
        DCX photo, it will take you to the schematic drawing I did. (I
        apologize for the crudeness of the drawing. It was drawn pixel by
        pixel in a program called SuperPaint, if anyone remembers that
        from the computer days of yesteryear!))

        http://www.mach25media.com/spacecraft1.html

        The one thing to note is that besides the black markings
        denoting the four sides for ID porposes, there were no other
        markings when the vehicle was actually flying. There were
        markings painted on it for rollout ceremonies of both the DCX
        and DCX-A, including the company name and logo, and the
        American flag. These markings were slightly different for the
        DCX versus the DCX-A (NASA versus the DoD). All of these
        markings were removed before flight.

        If you're interested in additional photos of the various versions
        that I have, please let me know, and I can do some scanning.
        Maybe I could swap for a model when they're done? : - )

        Larry E

        --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Botaitis"