RE: [space-modelers] Vega Lander Diagram

  • Schorry, Robert E.
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2006
      That looks suspiciously like something that I or Karl D. posted. I'll
      check my paper archives tonight at home and see what I can find.

      Rob

      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2006
        Rob -
        I think I sent the guy who created this site pretty much everything I
        had on the Venera/Vega landers. As you know, they've always
        fascinated me. This doesn't mean that this diagram necessarily came
        from me - the guy who did this site has really done his homework.

        Don -
        If you turn up anything, would you give me a yell, please? is this
        for a modeling project? If it is, I'd REALLY be interested in it, as
        it's something I've always wanted to do.

        > That looks suspiciously like something that I or Karl D. posted. I'll
        > check my paper archives tonight at home and see what I can find.
        >
        > Rob

      • Robert Schorry
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2006
          I dug into my home archives here at Minutia-Central and found a
          hardcopy of that picture. It was posted by Karl D. on October 7,
          2001...

          So I can't point you to the source. Sorry,

          Rob

          --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Schorry, Robert E."
          <rob_schorry@...> wrote:

          > That looks suspiciously like something that I or Karl D. posted.
          I'll
          > check my paper archives tonight at home and see what I can find.
          >
          > Rob

        • Don P. Mitchell
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2006
            Thanks for checking it out. Karl, do you have any idea what it might
            be from? I know it's not in the Energiya book.

            I'm researching my book on The Soviet Exploration of Venus.

            --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Schorry"
            <rob_schorry@...> wrote:

            > I dug into my home archives here at Minutia-Central and found a
            > hardcopy of that picture. It was posted by Karl D. on October 7,
            > 2001...
            >
            > So I can't point you to the source. Sorry,
            >
            > Rob
            >
            > --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Schorry, Robert E."
            > <rob_schorry@> wrote:
            > >
            > > That looks suspiciously like something that I or Karl D. posted.
            > I'll
            > > check my paper archives tonight at home and see what I can find.
            > >
            > > Rob

          • Karl D Dodenhoff
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2006
              No idea. I either stumbled on it somewhere or someone sent it to me.

              <rob_schorry@...> wrote:

              > I dug into my home archives here at Minutia-Central and found a
              > hardcopy of that picture. It was posted by Karl D. on October 7,
              > 2001...
              >
              > So I can't point you to the source. Sorry,
              >
              > Rob
              >
              > --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Schorry, Robert E."
              > <rob_schorry@> wrote:
              > >
              > > That looks suspiciously like something that I or Karl D. posted.
              > I'll
              > > check my paper archives tonight at home and see what I can find.
              > >
              > > Rob

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Don P. Mitchell
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2006
                Cool. I had a friend at NPO Lavochkin take a look at it and
                interpret some of the stuff. Amazing how much stuff is just mounted
                on the outside with no thermal protection at all.

                --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Karl D Dodenhoff"

              • thedude@myspacemuseum.com
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2006
                  Anyone from the group going to the JPL Open House, May 20 & 21?

                  http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/pso/oh.cfm

                  (k)
                • David Erbas-White
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2, 2006
                    Normally, I work the show (I'm a JPL Solar System Ambassador), but will
                    almost definitely be skipping this year due to my wife's illness (she's
                    in the middle of chemotherapy right now). I hope to make it next year...

                    David Erbas-White