RE: [space-modelers] Renaissance Foil Field Test (was: RE Another alternative for duplicating gold foil?)

  • Schorry, Robert E.
    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 1, 2006
      I used Renaissance Foil Copper on my NEAR a few years ago. I found that you need to paint to surface to be foiled a color similar to that of the Foil. Then those little "crinkles and non-foil places" will have the background color behind them. Does look like Kapton, I think, especially after applying Gloss Cote. If you don't over coat the Foil, it comes off when handeled.

      Rob

      Message 48 of 48 , Jan 1, 2006
        Gary,

        I've been watching the new Spacecraft Films Mercury set. On disk 3,
        with the MA test flights, there are several shots of the capsule being
        lowered onto the adapter. In each of these, the adapter appears to be
        natural aluminum inside, with a matt or satin finish. It strikes me
        as being NMF, not aluminum paint.

        BTW, the set is outstanding. Anyone with an interest in Mercury
        should get it! (No, I don't work for Mark, I just lie awake nights
        waiting for his next set to be released :-) )

        Peter

        --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "gary gilmore" <glgilmore@h...>
        wrote:

        > Now for a question to the group - anyone know what the inside of the
        adapter
        > section looks like? From FTETTM, the spacecraft adapter on the
        Redstone was