Re: CSM umbilical attachment

  • erik_tegroen
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
      --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "John Sims" <numanoid@b...> wrote

      John,
      These could be very useful :

      http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/models/vault2005/More%20CM_SM_Umbilical%
      20pix/

      Erik.

      ************

      > I've been working on my 1/32 Apollo CSM and i've hit a stumbling
      block.Do any of you fine folkes have an image you could e-mail me?? I'd
      be so grateful for your assistance.
    • numanoid@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
        erik, tThanks for the link,but it apears to be bad and won't go through..John

        > From: "erik_tegroen" <te_groen36@...>
        > Date: 2005/10/01 Sat AM 06:49:07 EDT
        > To: space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [space-modelers] Re: CSM umbilical attachment

      • erik_tegroen
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
          --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, <numanoid@b...> wrote:
          > erik, tThanks for the link,but it apears to be bad and won't go
          through..John

          ???????

          Works for me...........
          Here's a shorter version :
          http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/models/vault2005/

          Look for "More CM_SM_Umbilical pix "

          Erik.
        • Karl D Dodenhoff
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
            John -
            Are you talking about the flyaway umbilical on the SM?

            (k)
          • numanoid@bellsouth.net
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
              > I'm reffering to the point where the LUT umbilical attaches to the SM.The vague images I have are in-flight and it appears like a brown-ish rectangle with some couplings.
              > From: "Karl D Dodenhoff" <thedude@...>
              > Date: 2005/10/01 Sat AM 09:52:12 EDT
              > To: <space-modelers@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: RE: [space-modelers] CSM umbilical attachment

            • erik_tegroen
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
                --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, <numanoid@b...> wrote:
                > > I'm reffering to the point where the LUT umbilical attaches to the
                SM.The vague images I have are in-flight and it appears like a brown-
                ish rectangle with some couplings.

                ***

                Hello,

                Yes, I think so, too. Something brownish...
                I've uploaded 4 drawings in the Files
                section. I'm sure this is the correct info.
                If I can find color pictures I'll post them too.

                Erik.
              • numanoid@bellsouth.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
                  Erik, Thanks sooo much for the umbilical info .You're a godsend! I took a look at the files and they will help me to do this thing on my Apollo 16 :Snoopy", .....................John

                  > From: "erik_tegroen" <te_groen36@...>
                  > Date: 2005/10/01 Sat PM 06:18:32 EDT
                  > To: space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: Re: [space-modelers] CSM umbilical attachment

                • daweeks01
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
                    John,

                    You can also go to -
                    http://www.apollosaturn.com/csm/.htm
                    and look at photos 2 and 16.

                    These are from CSM 119, the back-up CSM for the Skylab program. The red
                    and white objects are protective covers.

                    Dave Weeks

                    --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, <numanoid@b...> wrote:
                    > Erik, Thanks sooo much for the umbilical info .You're a godsend! I
                    took a look at the files and they will help me to do this thing on my
                    Apollo 16 :Snoopy", .....................John

                    > > From: "erik_tegroen" <te_groen36@z...>
                    > > Date: 2005/10/01 Sat PM 06:18:32 EDT
                    > > To: space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
                    > > Subject: Re: [space-modelers] CSM umbilical attachment

                  • gary gilmore
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
                      <I'm reffering to the point where the LUT umbilical attaches to the SM.The
                      vague images I have are in-flight and it appears like a brown-ish rectangle
                      with some couplings.>

                      Methinks that is more of a brass color - at least, that is my current
                      working hypothesis. The couplings are silver.

                      Makes it easy since that piece is PE brass from NewWare! ;-)

                      Gary
                    • numanoid@bellsouth.net
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
                        I have the1/32 PE set from New ware and it does'nt have that piece.Maybe mine is an older version??

                      • numanoid@bellsouth.net
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
                          Glenn, Thanks for that link.Iy will help me tremendously.BTW,I ment "Apollo 16-Casper".I don't now what I was thinking when I wrote that, doooooooooh!..........John

                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
                            Don't know - I have the 1:48 PE set, which does have it. Can't imagine Tomas
                            forgot about it. I'll check. Sorry if I have mis-directed you.

                            Gary
                          • gary gilmore
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
                              Just checked it out - the NewWare PE set is primarily the CM interior,
                              though it does include the Hi-Gain antennae discs. It does NOT have the SM
                              flyaway umbilical attachment, which is part 15 on the 1:48 PE set, which is
                              for converting a block I CSM into a block II CSM. My bad.

                              Sorry about that, Chief!
                            • numanoid@bellsouth.net
                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 4, 2005
                                That's cool dude.............