RE: [space-modelers] Re: Deep Impact scratch build

  • Kevin K
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
      Being one of the mathematically challenged of the group ;-) I left the model at 1:22. I figured it was "close enough," and the time it would take to fumble around the copy machine, I could have been underway.

      Kev
      kevtk@...

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
        Wellll 22 divided by 24 is.916666 That's a difference of 1 minus
        0.916666 = 0.08333 which is 8.333 % (100 times 0.08333).

        So if you display the model and annotate it as 1:22 all is well.

        But trying to build in constant scale (although I have also built probes
        in 1:36 and 1:48), I wanted 1:24. Besides when I built a probe in 1:48
        it was too blinking small for my age challenged eyes and fingers!

        Rob

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
          I'll raise you a set of faltering eyes. I'm about to go trifocal....

          Going over to Astrotech today and check out CLOUDSAT- the
          next to go off SLC-2 (with the French CALIPSO). I might get pix.
          BP

          --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Schorry, Robert E."