[space-modelers] Re: Wish list

  • Joze Cuden
    Message 1 of 23 , May 31, 1999
      The kit number is 04840 (MIR 1 : 144).

      Joze Cuden

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 1 12:05 AM
        The kit number is 04840 (MIR 1 : 144).

        Joze Cuden

      • Meens
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 1 3:54 AM
          I have just spotted the new Revell Mir space station kit last week end in a
          model shop in Toulouse but I don't know its number yet. Maybe you can check
          the Revell web site.

          Cheers

          Vincent Meens

          eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/space-modelers
        • Timothy A. Good
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 1 7:16 AM
            Thanks to Joze Cuden for the number 04840. (This isn't a Snap-Tite kit,
            right?)
            The Revell-Monogram site doesn't find this number under the search.
            All they show is the Armageddon kit.
            Is it possibly a European issue only?

            How much is it going for?

            Tim

            I have just spotted the new Revell Mir space station kit last week end in a
            model shop in Toulouse but I don't know its number yet. Maybe you can check
            the Revell web site.

            Cheers

            Vincent Meens

            eGroups Spotlight:
            "Vietnam Survivors" - If you survived Viet Nam, this is a good
            place to talk to others who share your experiences.
            http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/122

          • smigield@vrinet.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 16, 2001
              Hi again.

              There was a computer mishap here at work and names seem to be getting
              shuffled on outgoing e-mail. So, an e-mail might pop up signed by me but
              with the header of someone you've never heard of. Please disregard it.

              Blasted technology. Give me a difference engine any day.

              -David Smigielski
            • smigield@vrinet.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 16, 2001
                Hi gang.
                I'm trying to get a bead on the interests of the group.
                I would have done this in poll format but thought this would be a bit more
                open ended.
                What kits (or conversions or detailing sets or add ons) do you wish were on
                the market?

                -David "Just curious. No really" Smigielski
              • doug holverson
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 16, 2001
                  > From: smigield@...
                  > Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:06:10 -0400
                  > To: space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: [space-modelers] Wish list
                  >

                  > Hi gang.
                  > I'm trying to get a bead on the interests of the group.
                  > I would have done this in poll format but thought this would be a bit more
                  > open ended.
                  > What kits (or conversions or detailing sets or add ons) do you wish were on
                  > the market?
                  >
                  > -David "Just curious. No really" Smigielski

                  Centuri Orion ^_^

                  DGH
                • Karl D. Dodenhoff
                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 16, 2001
                    In general, I'd like to see more on the space stations and unmanned
                    probes. Also, more suits. All of the manned LVs and spacecraft are out
                    there now.

                    Karl
                    http://www.myspacemuseum.com
                    --
                    ...because I'm good enough,
                    I'm smart enough,
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 16, 2001
                      The Mercury capsule is the orphan of the industry. I'd like to see a good kit of the spacecraft with a detailed and accurate interior and exterior at a scale that you can see the detail... 1/24 or 1/16...
                    • RMOLLISE@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 16, 2001
                        In a message dated 4/16/01 6:32:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
                        drewid142@... writes:

                        > The Mercury capsule is the orphan of the industry. I'd like to see a good
                        > kit of the spacecraft with a detailed and accurate interior and exterior at
                        > a scale that you can see the detail... 1/24 or 1/16...

                        Hi:

                        Wow...I'll second that...a nice 1/24 you could actually do something with
                        without a pair of tweezers! :-)

                        Peace,
                        Rod Mollise,
                        Moderator, sct-user, The mailing list for CAT fanciers
                        (MCT, SCT, and MNT fanatics!)
                        <http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index4.html>

                      • Steven Rogers
                        Message 11 of 23 , Apr 16, 2001
                          >The Mercury capsule is the orphan of the industry. I'd like to see
                          >a good kit of the spacecraft with a detailed and accurate interior
                          >and exterior at a scale that you can see the detail... 1/24 or
                          >1/16...

                          Here ya go:

                          http://freeweb.pdq.net/johnpursley/Capsulekit/capsulekit.htm

                          Steve
                          --

                          Steve Rogers
                          @Outcome, Austin TX -- AIM: StevRocket
                          Message 12 of 23 , Apr 16, 2001
                            My first choice wish list would be for a 1/72 Buran Shuttle or kit
                            modification/decal for same.
                            Second pick would be a 1/144 Saturn 1 kit.
                            Third pick would be 1/32 Apollo 1 astronaut figures. Upright
                            position with canisters.
                            Fourth pick would be the same in Gemini figures.

                            David Bale
                          • DWKEnterprise@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 23 , Apr 16, 2001
                              A working model of a single stage to orbit vehicle.

                            • drewid142@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 23 , Apr 16, 2001
                                Neeto... I think I'll have to get one!
                              • doug holverson
                                Message 15 of 23 , Apr 17, 2001
                                  > From: drewid142@...
                                  > Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:31:32 EDT
                                  > To: <space-modelers@yahoogroups.com>
                                  > Subject: Re: [space-modelers] Wish list
                                  >
                                  > The Mercury capsule is the orphan of the industry. I'd like to see a good kit
                                  > of the spacecraft with a detailed and accurate interior and exterior at a
                                  > scale that you can see the detail... 1/24 or 1/16...

                                  What company makes those mid-powered sized Mercury Redstones? I saw some
                                  very nice finished ones at last year's NARAM.

                                  DGH
                                • Fehskens, Len
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Apr 17, 2001
                                    Doug Holverson asks:

                                    >What company makes those mid-powered sized Mercury Redstones? I saw some
                                    >very nice finished ones at last year's NARAM.

                                    Do you mean the Neubauer?

                                    http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/boy_redstone.html

                                    len.
                                  • Bruce P
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Apr 17, 2001
                                      John just sent me this info:

                                      The kit will be available by the end of April in limited quantities
                                      (depending on demand... which is greater than I anticipated). Cost
                                      will be
                                      $79 +$5 shipping and handling, check or money order payable to John
                                      Pursley.

                                      Mail to:
                                      John Pursley
                                      11300 Regency Green #501
                                      Cypress TX 77429

                                      Decals will be included for all 6 Mercury missions (thought he capsule
                                      is
                                      really only representative of the last 5).

                                      Thanks for inquiring!

                                      John Pursley

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Apr 17, 2001
                                        > From: "Fehskens, Len" <len.fehskens@...>
                                        > Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:00:32 -0400
                                        > To: "'space-modelers@yahoogroups.com'" <space-modelers@yahoogroups.com>
                                        > Subject: RE: [space-modelers] Wish list
                                        >
                                        > Doug Holverson asks:
                                        >
                                        >> What company makes those mid-powered sized Mercury Redstones? I saw some
                                        >> very nice finished ones at last year's NARAM.
                                        >
                                        > Do you mean the Neubauer?
                                        >
                                        > http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/boy_redstone.html

                                        Probably ;)

                                        Very exceptional versions of both boilerplate and manned Mercury-Redstones
                                        at last summer's NARAM.

                                        Also a floppy 1:1 scale model of Goddard's original liquid fueled rocket did
                                        a very funny/scary belly flop.

                                        DGH
                                      • Richard Lockwick
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Apr 19, 2001
                                          If I can convert it I have some video of a Merc. in Huntsville

                                          r_lockwitch@...