Re: [space-modelers] Last Atlas 2AS launch

  • John Duncan
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
      We are bracing for the storm up here as well. It doesn't look good.

      John

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
        I know that this is "off topic" but we in Puerto Rico survived the
        hurricane yesterday because it passed about 160 miles north of the island.
        I just wish that it didn't hit Florida, knowing what it can do (I survived
        Hugo and Georges) and what has already happened when Charley and Earl went
        there. I was worried a bit about the Atlas 4 launch because if it was
        scrubbed one more time, the Air Force would have to take a hint from the
        movie "Marooned" and launch it when the eye of hurricane passes over the
        Cape.

        For all of you who live on the East Coast of Florida, I wish the best for
        you and that no one gets hurt or loses property.

        Raymond

      • lem3spider9
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
          Raymond:

          I'm glad to hear you made out alright.

          The latest forcast call for a category 5 hurricane to pass somewhere
          around Melbourne/Cocoa. That's going to be devastaing to KSC. I
          think the VAB was designed to withstand 125mph winds. This thig may
          be in excess of 150 mph.

          My prayers go out to all the members along the FL/GA east coast. Be
          careful guys!

          Mike
          New Orleans