Working on something for possible sale at Nationals.

  • JMChladek@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hey guys. Just to let you know that for those that are going to Nationals, I
      will have some of my Elevon Hinge Decals on hand for sale in 1/72, 1/144,
      1/200 and 1/100 scales. These markings will allow you to do a shuttle model from
      1998 to current time period with the white hinge covers on the wings surrounded
      by black outlines. They work a lot easier then individually masking off the
      panels with either tape or Black Magic paint masks and painting them on. Plus
      they look great when applied.

      But, in addition to that I have also been working on a suppliment sheet in
      1/144 for markings that aren't covered by the decal sheets currently available
      on the market. Included will be RCS cover markings for launch configuration
      shuttles, umbilical attachment markings that don't have the gold coloring from
      the early flights, additional black tile markings for the OMS pods, APU exhaust
      areas on the tail (between the OMS pods) and some white decal strips that can
      be used as marking suppliments for whatever you choose (off color AFRSI
      blankets for instance). These are all markings that I used on my own shuttle project
      and they can come in rather rather handy. Every one of the markings found on
      the sheet was used on my model.

      I've got the decal layout done and hope to print a couple batches tomorrow.
      I'm only doing them in 1/144 for now since some of these markings potentially
      require reproportioning for use on different scale shuttle models and not every
      marking is needed for all scales anyway. There is no guarantee that I will
      have them for the show, but I am planning on it. Afterwards, I should also have
      them available for sale for those of you that can't make it to the show and
      will be offering the elevon hinge decals for sale as well for guys like Neil
      Sulkes whom I recall asked me about selling him some 6 months ago but I never got
      around to. :)

      Jay Chladek