Re: [space-modelers] Launch Table for Mercury Redstone - Search for Drawings/...

  • sandy55961@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
      In a message dated 5/31/2004 3:30:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
      murban@... writes:

      > I am looking for information on the launch table for the Mercury Redstone.
      > If
      > anybody knows where to get dimensions to produce a model, I would be most
      > thankful.
      >
      > best regards,
      > Michael

      Micheal,
      Find yourself the 1/48 scale Glenco kit of the Jupiter C. It has the exact
      same launch table used for the Mercury Redstone. Of course, this isn't a
      drawing but it could help in up or down scaling to meet your needs.
      Steve Sliger

    • JORGE DELMONTE
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
        Sandy;

        The launch table is similar in design to the launch table that was developed for the V2 rocket by the Germans. The dimensions of this table are as follows:

        NOTE: Dimensions are in mm

        Height is 1460 mm
        Width is 2050 mm
        Length is 2050 mm

        The above dimensions represent an envelope. Additional details for this table can be found in a book called "Ballistics of the Future" written by Dr J. M. J. Kooy and Dr Ir J. W. H. Uytenbogaart. Hope this helps.

        Jorge
        murban@... writes:

        > I am looking for information on the launch table for the Mercury Redstone.
        > If
        > anybody knows where to get dimensions to produce a model, I would be most
        > thankful.
        >
        > best regards,
        > Michael

        Micheal,
        Find yourself the 1/48 scale Glenco kit of the Jupiter C. It has the exact
        same launch table used for the Mercury Redstone. Of course, this isn't a
        drawing but it could help in up or down scaling to meet your needs.
        Steve Sliger

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Al Hartmann
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
          According to an Army Ordnance book I have ST 9-159

          Height 57"
          Length 176"
          Width 97"

          Length I believe referes to towing length. The catch with Height is does
          this refer to max height (with wheels) or when on the ground. There are a
          few at KSC if someone has the time to go measure them (I'm not sure when
          I'll be out that way next)
        • mkrobel1@cs.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
            In a message dated 6/1/2004 9:45:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            a_e_hartmann@... writes:
            > There are a
            > few at KSC if someone has the time to go measure them (I'm not sure when
            > I'll be out that way next)

            And if you can get close to them. The Redstone pads are part of the USAF
            Space Musuem, and you can't just drive out there like you could in the old days,
            when I was in HS.

          • Al Hartmann
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
              The one at the Museum is gone to Wright Pat, but last I looked there was
              still one at the badge and ID on 3 and near the AHOF

            • mkrobel1@cs.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
                In a message dated 6/1/2004 10:27:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                a_e_hartmann@... writes:

                > The one at the Museum is gone to Wright Pat, but last I looked there was
                > still one at the badge and ID on 3 and near the AHOF

                Aha. There is a redstone there, I never realized it was on the ring.

              • jonathan o'steen
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 2, 2004
                  can anyone provide the proper thining ratios for
                  various testors enamals and acryl paint i have just
                  made a mess of a kit by following the manufact's
                  recomendations
                  on a ASTP soyuz, help( the dark collors seem to work
                  fine it is the insg. white and grey that are making
                  splater)

                  http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                • Frank
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 2, 2004
                    I use enamels exclusively....
                    I try to keep it about the consistancy of milk.
                    I know that's vague.....sorry.

                    Spattering usually indicates the paint
                    being a little too thick. Running usually
                    means too much thinner.

                    That's my take - I'm sure you will get sage
                    advice along the way. Much good info from
                    the group members.

                    http://messenger.yahoo.com/