Atomic City and the Mercury Capsule kit

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 1:32 AM
      Ezboard is still having problems getting old URLs to forward to new
      ones. I don't know why they changed the address, but here is the new
      address for the Atomic City message board:

      http://p197.ezboard.com/batomiccity

      They didn't email me to let me know what was going on, but someone
      else emailed this new URL to me yesterday. How they came across a new
      address escapes me-- I didn't know there was one!

      I will be posting a mini-update in another day or so, though it won't
      contain much more info than what was posted in the last update. The
      tooling is STILL being finalized and depending on the notes from the
      'major US distributor' I'm talking to, there may be other changes made
      to the tooling before the kit is finally run.

      I should also say that while I can't go into detail, any of you guys
      who have already bought a kit, but are thinking of requesting a refund
      because of the amount of time that has passed... you should hang on a
      tad longer. I'm not saying this to avoid having to hand back some
      dough, I do that almost on a weekly basis. But, due to some new
      information that has come to light, waiting is in your best interest.
      Now, everyone who has ever done business with me knows I always come
      across, and I'm not prone to leading anyone on. It may seem like that
      now, but if what I HOPE happens actually happens, anyone still waiting
      when the kits are finally ready will reap the benefit.

      As a time frame, this is now May. This is the time that, according to
      the schedule I was given at the first of the year, the kits were to be
      ready and shipped to you guys. Well, they are still working on the
      tooling, though the work is minor and at this point they are actually
      fixing something they screwed up. (Long story I'll detail in the
      update on the message board)

      The 'Major US Distributor' is currently reviewing what should have
      been the final, finished test shots and will give me their feedback
      after the retailer's trade show in Las Vegas next weekend. At that
      point, they will be ready to agree (or not) on the final retail price
      of the kit. Once we have that set, they should go into production of
      the first run immediately. That means the kits will be here no later
      than July.

      Even if we don't come to an agreement and they drop out, the kits will
      still be here on that schedule because at that point I go with my
      original plan for distribution. I think I should also point out that
      with the screw-up made by the tooling maker, the timeline is not
      really effected. They started fixing the tool at the beginning of
      this past week and it will take 3 weeks to fix. So about the time the
      distributor and I do, or do not, reach an agreement, the tooling will
      be ready to go.

      As for the problem with people not getting email through to me, I
      can't figure out why. I keep my mailbox empty ( most of the time) and
      even if I've been away, it never gets to the point where it would
      bounce mail back because it is full. On AOL, they give you TONS of
      email space. I have 6 email addresses and one of them gets an amazing
      amount of spam. I go there about once a month to clean it out and
      there is always about 300 of them. On my CaptCBoard account, if I
      leave 10 letters in the inbox its a rare thing, so the box is never
      anywhere near full. But I've been contacted by people over the phone,
      telling me their email came back, and I've seen notes on other boards,
      like here, saying the same thing. I just can't account for it and
      neither can AOL. One thing I should mention here is the only reason I
      have my AOL account is for the email service. It is superb and almost
      spam-free. And you can't get a virus from it because you never
      download the mail in order to open it!

      Scott
      CaptCBoard@...
    • stratospheremodels
      Message 2 of 5 , May 28 7:33 AM
        Dear Scott,

        Courage !
        Debugging new injection moulds is notoriously lenghty and
        complicated, and all my wishes are with you !
        I am sure people will understand you, and having researched and
        studied how moulds are made, i can understand what you are going
        through, at least in part, the process.

        I know from all what i have read from your site in the past and all i
        have known from your previous resin projects that you always deliver,
        and i hope people will be patient with your and understanding of all
        your efforts for them.

        I want to wish you the best success with your project :)
        hang on there, you will make it !

        Sincerely,
        Stephane.

        Stratosphere Models.

        --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Alexander"

      • sandy55961@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 28 8:47 AM
          I have every confidence that Scott will deliver. I know that he wants it to
          be right so that the end will result will be worth waiting for. I for one am
          in no hurry to get the kit before it is ready to be released. Press on Scott.
          Steve Sliger

        • stratospheremodels
          Message 4 of 5 , May 28 9:09 AM
            i meant, Hang in there ! ¨
            (small typo.. sorry..).

            :)

            Stephane.
          • Scott Alexander
            Message 5 of 5 , May 29 1:45 AM
              Stephanie-- On or in, I am hanging... and trying not to strangle! I just got
              photos of the first part to come out of the mold they finally fixed (only took 5
              weeks...) and I have to say the end result was worth it. Now we just need to
              reach an agreement with MRC on pricing and get the first production order
              placed. In the meantime, I can see the ribs in my wallet... the poor thing...

              Scott
              CaptCBoard@...