Re: [space-modelers] new Soyuz TM kit

  • Mat Irvine
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
      In message <bdp2i2+sih5@...>, p_ferrami <p.ferrami@...>
      writes
      >Ciao from Italy.
      >I found in internet a new kit by Maquette (from Russia):
      >the Soyuz TM Rocket system.
      >If you are interested, here is the URL
      >http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?MAQ-44002
      >Ciao
      >Paolo Ferrami

      It appear Maquette has utilised the basic A-Type that is used in it's R-
      7 kit to make the Soyuz. And this tooling appears to have been
      originated by Apex and/or AER Moldova - as both made identical Sputnik
      and Vostok versions.

      I'd *still* like to find out the connection between Apex and AER - if
      any - as they both seemed to produce identical kits at the same time. At
      least the Maquette version(s) seem to be more recent? Anybody know if
      there's any direct connection between any/all of the three companies?

      mat

      MAT IRVINE <mat@...>

      "Ten years in the making.." (let's not exaggerate, only nine..)
      my space book - 'Creating Space' - is now OUT.

      http://www.smallspace.demon.co.uk
    • Mat Irvine
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
        In message <3F010F22.6060608@...>, Karl D. Dodenhoff
        <spacey@...> writes
        >I'd love to see a review of the kit, compared to the Airfix & Apex kits!
        >
        >Karl

        Karl

        As I indicated in another post, if this is the same basis as Maquette's
        R7 kit, (and I think we can assume that), then it IS the Apex (or AER
        Moldova) kit. As with the missile, Maquette have presumably just tooled
        up the Soyuz section and added it to the existing stages?

        mat

        MAT IRVINE <mat@...>

        "Ten years in the making.." (let's not exaggerate, only nine..)
        my space book - 'Creating Space' - is now OUT.

        http://www.smallspace.demon.co.uk
      • Karl D. Dodenhoff
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
          OK Matt - thanks for the info, old chap!

          Karl