Re: Vanguard 1 of a "different" sort

  • tomac1947@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      In a message dated 11/01/2002 4:46:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      space-modelers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      << Well, at least this person is a little more forthcoming than our "friend"
      at Ramelov:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1781272455&rd=1
      It's just the box and instructions -- no model! (and at *only* $9.99, it's a
      *steal*. . .)
      Hurry. . .Operators are standing by! ;-) >>

      Not to carp too loudly but, I have a symbiotic relationship with a reasonably
      good friend who does collect boxes of old kits. (He's one of those fabled "
      collectors") According to him these will go for about 10% or so (depending on
      condition, or course) for the value of an entire kit. Sometimes he'll buy a
      box to stuff with parts of said kit to bring it up to 100% level (and greater
      value, BTW)
      Our symbiotic relationship? He'll send kits (or spares for my parts bin) at
      extremely reasonable prices and I send him boxes and instructions to increase
      the value of what he has for resale for same. Works for us. I wish I had seen
      this auction, he might have been interested, even if I'm not.
      Regards,

      -- John Braungart -- Amherst, NY