Re: [space-modelers] Re: N-1 cgi (READ THIS!!!)

  • doug holverson
    Message 1 of 59 , Sep 1, 2002
      > From: DWKEnterprise@...
      > Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 02:47:22 EDT
      > To: space-modelers@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [space-modelers] Re: N-1 cgi (READ THIS!!!)
      >

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Did you see what someone did to the website? Looks like he pissed
      > off one too many customers.
      >
      > David

      That was weird and profane.....

      DGH
    • Rick Sternbach
      Message 59 of 59 , Sep 1, 2002
        As was said, this does not reflect well on the space model community.
        There are obviously a number of other, more civil ways to bring folks
        into the fold, which can only be good for this niche industry.

        On a related note, simply FYI, it appears that

        http://www.cambon.com/big/990916press.html

        may tell something about where Mr. Poliakon may have been working, if
        indeed this is the same individual.

        On a third related subject, it seems to me that vacuform, if that is in
        fact the technique Ramelov is using to make spheres, is terribly more
        work intensive than is necessary when EMA ABS hemispheres can get you a
        1/1 scale Vanguard and at least a 1/2.5 or 1/3 model of Sputnik (58 cm
        or 22"). The EMA hemis go up to 9". The antennae for each would also
        appear to be simple to fashion from styrene tubing and possibly some
        stiffening rods, and the mounts/details can be fashioned from scrap or
        resin. I'm willing to bet either satellite could be scratchbuilt for
        between $20-40 (I'll have to check the EMA catalog for the 9" hemi
        price).

        Rick