RE: [space-modelers] Ay early word from Nats?

  • Schorry, Robert E.
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
      Check out this link, set up by Karl D.

      http://www.myspacemuseum.com/2002nats.htm
      <http://www.myspacemuseum.com/2002nats.htm>

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Robert Shendock [mailto:mydog@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 8:10 PM
      To: space-modelers@yahoogroups.com Subject: [space-modelers] Ay early word
      from Nats?

      Just printed off directions to Nats and ready to get an early start
      tomorrow.

      Anyone there plugged in? If so, what's it looking like?

      Unfortunately, I can only attend Thursday. Hope Bruce found a room for NASA
      Air.

      Bob

    • qm1mikee@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
        In a message dated 8/1/2002 5:03:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        rob_schorry@... writes:

        > http://www.myspacemuseum.com/2002nats.htm

        How often will pictures appear on this site. As of this morning the link for
        31 July is emtpy.

        Thanks,

        Mike

      • Robert Shendock
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
          Hello all,

          Just got back from Nats. Got there a little late, missing most of the real
          space discussion. It was well attended by about 40-50 people.

          Real space model entries were very impressive and humbling. My personal
          favorites were HST and Aerobee - you gota see the pics when they're posted.
          Three NASA planes were entered in the air category. They were very well
          done.

          The vendor room was a joy. Thankfully, there was an ATM in the Pavillion,
          which I visited twice. There was a respectable selection of real space kits
          available from several vendors.

          The RealSpace tables lightened my wallet load. Glenn had released the Delta
          II kit at Nats & picked up two - very fine quality!!!

          Most of my cash went to one vendor who was donating all proceeds to the
          National Foundation for Cancer Research. About half of his kits were real
          space upper end classics in mint condition and an excellent selection of
          Estes - all reasonably priced. I picked up 11 kits, including a Revell
          Shuttle and Launch Complex. He still had plenty of kits when I left.

          Best of all, it was great to meet some of the folks who frequent this site.

          Later

          BobS