1/72, 1/144 or any scale arround that size Astronaut figures

  • Bostjan Lemut
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hi!

      I have a kind of Mars sci-fi diorama in mind from a picture I saw years
      ago in local magazine. There are several capsules used as Mars surface
      base, solar pannels, biosphere, etc and some astronauts walking arround
      and doing things.
      Since it's a sci-fi diorama I can practically scratchbuild almost
      everything, but some astronaut figures would really ease the situation.
      So, are there any astronaut figures in 1/72, 1/100, 1/144 or similar
      scale available? I was also thinking about some space toys sets from
      http://www.spacestore.com which include different vinyl astronaut
      figures.
      Any hints, advices?

      Thanks,

      Bostjan
    • Sven Knudson
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
        --- In space-modelers@y..., Bostjan Lemut <bostjan@l...> wrote:
        > Hi!
        >
        > So, are there any astronaut figures in 1/72, 1/100, 1/144 or similar
        > scale available?

        The recently reissued Airfix set of astronauts is about 1/72 scale.
        I think they are really closer to 1/76, but they may work for you.
        The biggest pain with them is the painting: the plastic is pretty
        slick and greasy so paint doesn't stick to them very well.

        Sven Knudson | HUMILIATION - The harder you try, the
        sven@... | dumber you look.
        http://www.ninfinger.org/ | A Demotivator from www.despair.com
      • Bruce P
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
          BTW- catch the newest issue of National Geographic- a Mars issue with
          a typically great map (of the red planet- duh). BP

          --- In space-modelers@y..., Bostjan Lemut <bostjan@l...> wrote:
          > Hi!
          >
          > I have a kind of Mars sci-fi diorama in mind from a picture I saw
          years
          > ago in local magazine. There are several capsules used as Mars
          surface
          > base, solar pannels, biosphere, etc and some astronauts walking
          arround
          > and doing things.
          > Since it's a sci-fi diorama I can practically scratchbuild almost
          > everything, but some astronaut figures would really ease the
          situation.
          > So, are there any astronaut figures in 1/72, 1/100, 1/144 or similar
          > scale available? I was also thinking about some space toys sets from
          > http://www.spacestore.com which include different vinyl astronaut
          > figures.
          > Any hints, advices?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Bostjan
        • Steve & Carol
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
            > Since it's a sci-fi diorama I can practically scratchbuild almost
            > everything, but some astronaut figures would really ease the
            > situation.
            > So, are there any astronaut figures in 1/72, 1/100, 1/144 or similar
            > scale available?

            I believe the old Airfix HO/OO scale astronauts have been released,
            they are in my local shop.

            --
            Steve Kerry
            Yorkshire, UK