OT: Re: LM Rescue

  • Karl D. Dodenhoff
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1 1:22 AM
      I have heard specifically in several documentaries Gemini astronauts
      saying that, should the EVA crewman become incapitated, their orders
      were to cut the umbilical, close the hatch, and begin reentry. I can't
      imagine NASA telling the IV crewman to sacrifice himself in some sort of
      grand gesture. Simple arithmetic: 1 dead & 1 alive is better than 2
      dead, anywhere, any time, any how.

      Karl
      --
      ...because I'm good enough,