Re: 1/48 Seaking Conversion Parts

  • n5528n
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1 6:14 AM
      hi all --

      About a month back I did a walk-around of the SH-3G that's aboard USS Yorktown. This one still has the original sponsons. I'll wait and see what Joe's photos look like, and if any of mine have any significant differences I'll be happy to share if y'all would like.

      The only real problems with my photos are that it was a gloomy morning when I took these pictures, and it also hasn't helped that Patriots Point repainted the thing Engine Gray and (poorly) remarked it to represent an HS-4 aircraft from the Vietnam era. The aircraft's interior was off-limits, too. But there's some useful external items there and I'll be glad to fill in the gaps if need be.

      As for interior configuration, here's a link with some useful diagrams, detail notes and other information which guided me during my build of the Cyber-Hobby kit:

      http://tailhooktopics.blogspot.com/2013/02/us-navy-asw-sh-3-sea-king-variations.html

      The Patriots Point SH-3G no longer has the lifting sling beneath the belly, but I did get detail views of the sling attach points and other areas of interest. Between those and the information on Tommy's blog entry, you should be set if you want to do any of the HC-1 aircraft involved in Apollo 15 and after.

      Jodie Peeler
    • Jon Davies
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1 6:34 AM
        Hello everyone,
        It would be really good if you could put both of these in their entirety up in the files or folders for us all. Thanks in advance.

        There are a number of other useful sites that are worth looking at:
        http://www.primep ortal.net/whats_new.htm

        http://svs m.org/gallery/walkarounds

        http://www.cyberm odeler.com/aircraft/h-3/h-3_all.shtml

        (I have added a space or two in the links in order not to help the spammers.)

        All of these sites have good reference material for the Seaking and other material, including some limited space related photos.

        However, what all of the above sites sometimes seem to lack is good internal photos, which is why the photos discussed earlier would be of great interest (as well as the external shots, of which one can never have too many).

        Hope this helps
        Jon

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 24 , May 1 3:17 PM
          That link is excellant, and a very good referance intothe world of Seakings.
          I'll be processing the photos over the next few days and will have the folder up soon.
          Joe

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 24 , May 2 3:43 PM
            I don;t know about anybody else, but these links don't work.
            Joe

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 24 , May 3 3:05 AM
              Hi Joe,
              I intentionally put a space in them to prevent spamming. Copy the entire link, put it in the address bar and then edit the missing space out. The links should then work okay. Again, hope this helps.
              Jon

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 24 , May 3 8:42 AM
                Ok, thanks.
                Joe

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 24 , May 3 10:17 AM
                  An easy way to avoid problems with links and spamming is using Tiny URLS.

                  Michelle

                  --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, Jon Davies <jhd.qms@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Joe,
                  > I intentionally put a space in them to prevent spamming. Copy the entire link, put it in the address bar and then edit the missing space out. The links should then work okay. Again, hope this helps.
                  > Jon
                • Jon Davies
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 3 10:34 AM
                    Thanks Michelle,
                    Please could you tell me what a 'tiny URL' is please?

                    Sorry, not overly computer literate.

                    Jon

                    ________________________________
                    An easy way to avoid problems with links and spamming is using Tiny URLS.

                    Michelle

                    --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, Jon Davies <jhd.qms@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Joe,
                    > I intentionally put a space in them to prevent spamming. Copy the entire link, put it in the address bar and then edit the missing space out. The links should then work okay. Again, hope this helps.
                    > Jon

                  • Schorry, Robert E.
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 3 10:41 AM
                      Tiny URL

                      http://tinyurl.com/

                      The website lets you type (or paste) in the long we4bsite name, and makes a short one which you can put into your email.

                      Rob

                      An easy way to avoid problems with links and spamming is using Tiny URLS.

                      Michelle

                      --- In space-modelers@yahoogroups.com, Jon Davies <jhd.qms@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Joe,
                      > I intentionally put a space in them to prevent spamming. Copy the entire link, put it in the address bar and then edit the missing space out. The links should then work okay. Again, hope this helps.
                      > Jon

                    • n5528n
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 3 7:16 PM
                        hi all --

                        To add to the excellent set of photos Joe took of the Sea King aboard USS Hornet, I've added some detail pictures taken last month of the SH-3G aboard USS Yorktown. Look for the album "SH-3G detail pictures" in the "Photos" section of the group website.

                        Except for the extended horizontal stabilizer and a couple other details these photos will show you the "original" SH-3 configuration, and this specific airframe is in close to the same configuration as the SH-3Gs used by HC-1 on Apollo 15 and subsequent recovery operations.

                        Hope these will help - and my thanks to Joe for the excellent pictures he took aboard Hornet for us.

                        Jodie Peeler
                      • Joe Martin
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 4 10:33 AM
                          My Pleasure.
                          If anyone has any other specific areas that they would like to focus on, I should be able to help them out there also.
                          Joe