[space-modelers] Re: Scale Drawings of Satellites

  • Paul Hilse
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 1998
      You might try starting at Space Craft International. PO Box 61027 Catalina
      Station Pasadena, CA 91116-7027. They offer paper models in 1/35 scale. The
      parts are fairly detailed and could be used as templates. They are
      educational as well giving mission information and How it works
      information. They offer a good many of the models you are looking for. They
      are also available from http://www.flash.net/~imagine5/TheShop/index.html
      Paul

      ----------
      > From: Sven_Knudson/DTM@...
      > To: space-modelers@...
      > Subject: [space-modelers] Scale Drawings of Satellites
      > Date: Tuesday, September 29, 1998 10:36 AM
      >
      > Howdy gang,
      >
      > I got the following request today. Can anybody help this guy out? His
      > email address is
      >
      > natsegal@...
      >
      > Thanx!
      > ---------------------- Forwarded by Sven Knudson/DTM on 09/29/98 09:35 AM
      > ---------------------------
      >

      > Nathan Segal <natsegal@...> on 09/29/98 09:25:03 AM
      >
      > To: Sven Knudson/DTM
      > cc:
      > Subject: Scale Drawings of Satellites
      >

      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm looking for scale drawings of several Satellites, namely: Magellan,
      > Voyager, Pluto Express, Gallileo, Hubble, and a few of the most current
      and
      > famous Satellites. My intention is to create 3D models.
      >
      > Can you help me, or point me in the right direction?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Nathan Segal

    • Pat Sklenar
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 1998
        On Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:14:31 -0400, Paul Hilse wrote:

        >You might try starting at Space Craft International. ...

        I'll second this opinion. I've got their Mars Global Surveyor
        hanging over my office desk and it's really rather nice. And the price
        is pretty good too. Check out their web site at
        http://www.scikits.com/

        --
        pat----

        home: psklenar@...