Report on CN threads

  • Jerry Irvine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2013
      Not sure how new this is but . . .

      "At about 100 times the strength of steel and a sixth the weight,
      with impressive electrical conductive properties, carbon nanotubes
      (CNTs) have promised much since their discovery in 1991. The problem
      has been translating their impressive nanoscale properties into
      real-world applications on the macro scale. Researchers have now
      unveiled a new CNT fiber that conducts heat and electricity like a
      metal wire, is very strong like carbon fiber, and is flexible like a
      textile thread."

      http://www.gizmag.com/threadlike-carbon-nanotube-fiber/25777/

      http://news.rice.edu/2013/01/10/new-nanotech-fiber-robust-handling-shocking-performance-2/

      Sourced on /. so a dose of salt should be mandatory.

      We completed the pump test for the launcher capable of launching the
      space elevator. I was one of the first on this list and it took that
      long, but I am ahead of your schedule! Half decade update.

      Jerry

      --
      Jerry Irvine, Box 1242, Claremont, CA 91711 <mail to: 01rocket@...>
      Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing. --