Space elevator vibration

  • HuJiazhu
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008
      Dear all:

      Happy New Year.

      This is the first time I post message, though I have been on this list for quite a while.

      I have strong research backgroud and interest in cable and string vibrations. Space tether has similar geometry as cable. So, I am wondering if my knowledge and background on cable vibration can be helpful on tether vibration which I believe does exist and is important for the design/realization of space elevation and space tether. However, I guess that the loading/ vibration mechanism is somehow different between the vibrations of commonly used cable and tether. I want know more about these difference and then I can do some reseach on it.

      As there are many experts in this list. I wish I can get help from your guys. Could anyone tell me some reference (papers, books, websites, etc) useful for my research purpose?

      Thanks a lot.

      Jiazhu Hu