SWSW Newsletter

  • J PAGE
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 25, 2013
    Dear Members,

    Please find our latest newsletter attached in PDF format.

    Regards
    Jenny

  • Roger Adams
    Message 45 of 45 , Apr 29, 2015

    Firstly, I must apologise for the delay in issuing this newletter but I have been tied up with other things recently and have only just got round to drafting it

    Walk on 19th April -  Abinger Hatch Figure of 8

    The report on this walk is attached. I have to thank Janice for leading the walk and for writing a most interesting account of it.

    25/26th April - Dorset Weekend.

    I have yet to hear about this event but undoubtedly you will get the report in the next newsletter, which will be issued by Amanda to whom I am now passing the baton of responsibility for co-ordinating and reporting on the walks over the next three months. My thanks go to Amanda for not only taking over from me but also for organising the Dorset trip.

    Forthcoming Priorsfield Quiz

    Don't forget to book in for the next quiz at Priosfield school. Pam has already sent out details and the closing date is looming fast. It is a highly enjoyable evening and at the last quiz one of the SWSW teams was just pipped to the winning post on the last round with our other team not far behind. Sadly, I won't be able to make it this time as I will be on holiday in Scotalnd - what a hard life some of us have! Nevertheless, if you haven't been along before, I urge you to try it.

    New Committee Members

    As I mentioned in one of my previous newsletters, we are looking for new blood to take over from the longer standing committee members. We cannot let the existing ones escape before we have replacements and the chains currently holding them in place are likely to break at any time. So, if you would like to join the committee, a number of us would be overjoyed to hear from you.

    Bye Bye for now

    My three months as walk co-ordinator finishes at the end of April. I would like to thank all those who have led the walks and organised events during this time. Amanda now takes over and she has already issued a provisional programme for the coming quarter, albeit with some gaps. Please support Amanda by leading walks and helping to organise events.

    Best regards,

    Roger Adams