SWSW Newsletter

  • J PAGE
    Message 1 of 47 , Sep 25, 2013
    Dear Members,

    Please find our latest newsletter attached in PDF format.

    Regards
    Jenny

  • <adams619@...>
    Message 47 of 47 , Aug 15, 2017

    Report on the 6th August walk

    Margo and John led 17 SWSW members on their 6 miles walk around the Wey River and Wey Navigation. The attached photo shows the group posing in front of toadstools, pyramidal toadstools I am reliably informed. Thanks to Margo for sending me the photo and the comment “A good bunch of fairies I think”  I’m not sure if she was referring to the toadstools or the people standing behind them!

    Next walk on Sunday, 20th August

    Meeting place: Sheepleas Green Dene car park near East Horsley.  GR TQ 091509; nearest postcode KT24 5TA (not to be confused with Sheepleas Shere Road CP). From Guildford, follow the A246 towards Epsom. At East Horsley (with Horsley Towers directly in front of you) follow the bend round to the right passing a petrol station and the hotel on your left. The main road then bends to the left. At this point you can either take Chalk Lane, which is straight on before you go round the bend or you can follow the main road and take the second on the right, which is Green Dene. If you choose to take Chalk Lane, you will join Green Dene after some 1000 yards. Bear right into Green Dene and the car park is about 500 yards on your right. If you decide to follow Green Dene where it joins the A246, simply keep to the right, don’t take any road leading off to the left. The car park is just over a mile from the A246 junction

    Details: 6.5 miles. Lovely walk taking in part of the NDW, mostly through woodland (which will be welcome if this is a hot August day) but with pleasant views; generally fairly level walking but with two short sharp slopes (one towards the end is about 150m and very steep).

    Lunch: Various pubs in the area or nearby garden centre with very good cakes and we can decide on the day where we’d like to go.

    Bye-bye

    Over the past year I have been unable to make hardly any of the SWSW walks and have therefore decided that I should retire from the committee, thereby leaving room for keener members of the group to contribute to its running. The rewards of being on the committee are too great to detail here but if you would like to fill the space I have vacated, please have a word with one of the remaining committee members and they will be able to tell you all about the role.

    Although I say bye-bye, it is only to my duties on the committee. I hope to be able to join you on walks and other events in future

    Walks for September and October

    Amanda will be co-ordinating the programme for these months and will be issuing details of the walks nearer the time.

    Finally, I would like to thank all those people that have led walks during my tour of duty

    Best regards,

    Roger Adams

    Avast logo