Sunday's walk

  • John Murdoch
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 12:42 PM
      A reminder of the walk on Sunday.  After a walk or two that has not suited everyone for understandable reasons - too long or too far to travel - this Sunday's walk should be entirely suitable for all; it is local (Shere), quite short (5-6 miles), and what is more we have arranged wonderful weather (well, if the forecast is to believed).  If you are worried that you might miss watching Andy Murray in the Wimbledon final (which at the time of writing remains a probability/possibility), then you should certainly be back in time.  So, we are certainly hoping for a bumper turnout, hope you are able to make it and enjoy the walk.

      Sunday 7th July

      Morning Walk  (5-6 miles).

      Leader: John Ellis

      Our meeting place: free Car Park in the centre of Shere. The larger pot-holed and more popular car park is entered by a rough track almost opposite the north end of Middle St. This car park is adjacent to the Village Hall, playground and Sports field.  Post code is GU5 9HE grid reference 187/073480.

      Start Time: 10:00. AM

      Details: A gentle and varied walk, heading out from Shere to Peaslake, and then back to Shere.

      Lunch: No lunch bookings are planned, but there are two pubs in the village that do food, and also a Coffee Shop and an Ice Cream Shop. There is also scope for bringing a packed lunch (probably what we will do) and eating it by the stream/river in the village.

      Advance Notice

      Sunday 21st July

      10 mile circular walk at Holmwood Common.

      John Murdoch