Sunday's walk - shorter option

  • John Murdoch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2013
      Some walkers have indicated that whilst they would like to join the walk on Sunday, they do not wish to do the full 10 miles.

      It is actually possible to do a shorter route,  as we will be doing a circular walk around the lake (Virginia Water itself) in the middle of the walk.  We will go in via Blacknest gate (958688) and exit the same way, which would make the walk approximately 6 miles, and will take in the particularly scenic part of Valley Gardens (as well as the coffee stop!).  However, it is difficult to assess when we will be passing that way, and clearly I cannot delay the main body of walkers to meet up with any "extras" at Blacknest at a specific time, but by way of indication, it should be less than an hour after starting off at 10.00, say 45 minutes.  If you want to phone me after 10.00 to see how we are getting on, you can do so on 07759-076078.

      There is roadside parking on the road that heads north west from Blacknest gate, but I fear that it will be full by mid morning on a sunny Sunday (which is why I did not use this as the start point for the walk).  Alternatively, there is a paying car park (expensive), a short distance down the A329 towards the A30, on the left.

      John Murdoch