Next SWSW Walk - 3 March 2013

  • Paul Graber
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      As promised, here are the details of our next walk, which will be led by Hugh McKee and Katherine Montgomery:-

      A ten mile circular walk starting (10.00 sharp) and finishing at the free
      car park on Harper's Road in Ash (GU12 6BX) with a pub stop at The Good
      Intent, Puttenham at the just over half way point. The walk is largely on
      the flat with 2 slight inclines, at least 3 farms and 5 styles, plus a
      disused railway line. When we reccied it the ground was very muddy, so
      depending on the weather between now and 3rd March, we suggest gaiters if
      you want to avoid getting your trouser bottoms dirty.

      The walk goes through some typical Surrey countryside highlighting the
      beauty of Surrey's rolling countryside from both sides of the Hoggs Back
      (which is crossed twice). This walk has minimal roadside walking and an
      opportunity to stop at the Seale Coffee shop and Craft Centre briefly for
      anyone needing a bit of retail therapy towards the end of the day".

      Contact details, to be used on the day, or if you want to discuss bringing a dog: Hugh (078100 17231) and Katherine (07720 5982590).

      I should be in rather warmer climes, but hope everyone has a good one!

      Regards
      Paul Graber