SWSW BBQ this Sunday / 2013 Spanish Holiday

  • Roger Adams
    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 1, 2012
      BBQ - 5 August
      The fun will start as soon as the walk led by Anna finishes. If you wish to
      come, please remember to e-mail me so that I know how many people to cater
      for. To supplement the meat, etc, for which there will be a small charge,
      you will need to bring either something savoury, a salad or a dessert, also
      whatever you wish to drink. Depending on numbers attending, it may also be
      wise to bring a chair if you wish to sit down. You can drop everything off
      at my place at 10-00 a.m. prior to the start of the walk.

      Spanish Holiday - March 2013
      The walking holiday we are organising to Spain next March is now filling up
      fast. If you are wishing to go, you would be well advised to book sooner
      rather than later to avoid the disappointment of finding there are no more
      places.

      Best regards,

      Roger Adams
      33 Childs Hall Road, Bookham, Surrey, KT23 3QF
      01372 452396

    • Roger Adams
      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 29 4:17 AM

      Firstly, I must apologise for the delay in issuing this newletter but I have been tied up with other things recently and have only just got round to drafting it

      Walk on 19th April -  Abinger Hatch Figure of 8

      The report on this walk is attached. I have to thank Janice for leading the walk and for writing a most interesting account of it.

      25/26th April - Dorset Weekend.

      I have yet to hear about this event but undoubtedly you will get the report in the next newsletter, which will be issued by Amanda to whom I am now passing the baton of responsibility for co-ordinating and reporting on the walks over the next three months. My thanks go to Amanda for not only taking over from me but also for organising the Dorset trip.

      Forthcoming Priorsfield Quiz

      Don't forget to book in for the next quiz at Priosfield school. Pam has already sent out details and the closing date is looming fast. It is a highly enjoyable evening and at the last quiz one of the SWSW teams was just pipped to the winning post on the last round with our other team not far behind. Sadly, I won't be able to make it this time as I will be on holiday in Scotalnd - what a hard life some of us have! Nevertheless, if you haven't been along before, I urge you to try it.

      New Committee Members

      As I mentioned in one of my previous newsletters, we are looking for new blood to take over from the longer standing committee members. We cannot let the existing ones escape before we have replacements and the chains currently holding them in place are likely to break at any time. So, if you would like to join the committee, a number of us would be overjoyed to hear from you.

      Bye Bye for now

      My three months as walk co-ordinator finishes at the end of April. I would like to thank all those who have led the walks and organised events during this time. Amanda now takes over and she has already issued a provisional programme for the coming quarter, albeit with some gaps. Please support Amanda by leading walks and helping to organise events.

      Best regards,

      Roger Adams