Sunday 5th February 2012

  • Pam Utton
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      Dear Members

      As you all know, I have taken over from Jenny as walks co-ordinator for the next three months.  Our next walk is on Sunday 5h February and the details are as follows:

      Start Time: 10am

      Leaders: John and Lesley

      Meet: Whitmoor Common car park next to the Jolly Farmer Pub

      Distance: Approx 5.5 miles

      Lunch: Jolly Farmer Pub  (The lunch is a choice of roasts @ £10/12 approx or soup for approx £5.  There are no bar snacks/sandwiches etc.

      To whet your appetite:   The walk is mainly along flat ground with two mild climbs, following public footpaths (which can be muddy). There are two public roads to be crossed.  The walk takes in woodland/heathland along its route via Jordon Hill, Rickford Common, Merrist Wood College, St Mary's Church (a place of worship for 1000 years) and lastly, Whitmoor Common.
      There will be a small prize for the person who is the first to spot the alligator!!

      See you on Sunday

      Pam
      07762252343