305SWSW Spring Walking Weekend Break - Arundel

  • Paul Graber
    Dec 15, 2013
      Hi all
      Margo sent out an email on 12 December about a new weekend break we’re planning for next April. It seems that, for reasons unknown, quite a few people didn’t receive it, so I copy it below. Please can you respond to Margo, as below, if you’re interested in the weekend. But could you drop me a line at paul.graber@... IF AND ONLY IF you received this email BUT NOT Margo’s original - I’m trying to get a handle on the size of the problem we have with non-appearing emails.
      Regards
      Paul Graber

      SWSW Spring Walking weekend in Sussex

      Dear Walkers,

      I am organising a weekend walking in the beautiful South Downs at the end of
      April, from 25th - 27th. This area has stunning walking based in a lovely
      market town with good local hostelries - what could be better! NB If you
      can't see the pictures please try the attached pdf.

      <http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?sa=X&biw=1600&bih=754&tbm=isch&tbnid=ck0V7vG
      DJbOykM:&imgrefurl=http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2009/mar/31/south-
      downs-national-park&docid=UjquHfX6JVwtgM&imgurl=http://static.guim.co.uk/sys
      -images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/3/31/1238502412893/South-Downs-landscape-
      wit-001.jpg&w=460&h=276&ei=-cKpUtXEE4fE0QWomYDQCg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:15,s:
      0,i:143&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=174&tbnw=290&start=0&ndsp=16&tx=148&ty=101>
      https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0aVaEqqcOOksz-iKeaIra
      ZZa1FHMStdzT5UCGHmmaWLUmz_4RThe plan:

      Friday: if you can get away early, meet for a pub lunch near Arundel,
      followed by an afternoon walk. If you need to work Friday, meet at the hotel
      in the evening.

      Saturday: Day walk, with an option of visiting the wildlife and wetlands
      trust later in the afternoon.

      Sunday: Good morning walk and Sunday lunch, home in the afternoon.

      <http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?biw=1600&bih=754&tbm=isch&tbnid=coMZC6bQ6BIk
      SM:&imgrefurl=http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186405-d192605-Revi
      ews-Norfolk_Arms_Hotel-Arundel_West_Sussex_England.html&docid=M9oD_oNn-9tJmM
      &imgurl=http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/92/43/04/front-of-
      the-hotel.jpg&w=550&h=412&ei=sMapUuGuMaX20gXtkICICQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:51,
      s:0,i:242&iact=rc&page=2&tbnh=157&tbnw=212&start=25&ndsp=27&tx=104&ty=82>
      https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy1BZ9qLuvAnQptUP7JjZx
      ZAapOcaCPTZCefadBOUyZGkwgf78Accommodation

      I have reserved en-suite rooms in the Norfolk Arms Hotel, a coaching inn in
      the centre of Arundel.

      The cost is £85.00 per room per night. Dinner is available in the hotel for
      £14.00 a head for 2 courses, £20.00 a head for 3 courses and coffee.

      This means the full cost for the weekend for anyone sharing and having a 2
      course evening meal is £113.00, plus lunches and booze

      I am hoping most people would cope with sharing for a couple of nights;
      single occupancy is of course an option, but the full cost of the room is
      due. There may be an option to join early on Saturday morning, saving the
      cost of one night, but this will depend on numbers and availability.
      Priority will be given to those coming for the full weekend.

      Most of the rooms are twins, but doubles are available if couples prefer,
      just let me know. An upgrade to a deluxe room (larger, better view) costs
      £20.00 per room per night.

      I provisionally have space for around 16 people, but a few more spaces may
      become available.

      How to Book

      If you would like to come please e-mail me asap, margo@...
      and send a cheque for a deposit of £40.00 payable to Margo Scott to 41,
      Thornash Rd, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4UL

      Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis

      Hope to see you there, Margo