304SWSW spring walking weekend break

  • Margo Scott
    Dec 12, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 270 KB
    SWSW Spring Walking weekend in Sussex

    Dear Walkers,

    I am organising a weekend walking in the beautiful South Downs at the end of
    April, from 25th - 27th. This area has stunning walking based in a lovely
    market town with good local hostelries - what could be better! NB If you
    can't see the pictures please try the attached pdf.

    <http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?sa=X&biw=1600&bih=754&tbm=isch&tbnid=ck0V7vG
    DJbOykM:&imgrefurl=http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2009/mar/31/south-
    downs-national-park&docid=UjquHfX6JVwtgM&imgurl=http://static.guim.co.uk/sys
    -images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/3/31/1238502412893/South-Downs-landscape-
    wit-001.jpg&w=460&h=276&ei=-cKpUtXEE4fE0QWomYDQCg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:15,s:
    0,i:143&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=174&tbnw=290&start=0&ndsp=16&tx=148&ty=101>
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0aVaEqqcOOksz-iKeaIra
    ZZa1FHMStdzT5UCGHmmaWLUmz_4RThe plan:

    Friday: if you can get away early, meet for a pub lunch near Arundel,
    followed by an afternoon walk. If you need to work Friday, meet at the hotel
    in the evening.

    Saturday: Day walk, with an option of visiting the wildlife and wetlands
    trust later in the afternoon.

    Sunday: Good morning walk and Sunday lunch, home in the afternoon.

    <http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?biw=1600&bih=754&tbm=isch&tbnid=coMZC6bQ6BIk
    SM:&imgrefurl=http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186405-d192605-Revi
    ews-Norfolk_Arms_Hotel-Arundel_West_Sussex_England.html&docid=M9oD_oNn-9tJmM
    &imgurl=http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/92/43/04/front-of-
    the-hotel.jpg&w=550&h=412&ei=sMapUuGuMaX20gXtkICICQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:51,
    s:0,i:242&iact=rc&page=2&tbnh=157&tbnw=212&start=25&ndsp=27&tx=104&ty=82>
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy1BZ9qLuvAnQptUP7JjZx
    ZAapOcaCPTZCefadBOUyZGkwgf78Accommodation

    I have reserved en-suite rooms in the Norfolk Arms Hotel, a coaching inn in
    the centre of Arundel.

    The cost is £85.00 per room per night. Dinner is available in the hotel for
    £14.00 a head for 2 courses, £20.00 a head for 3 courses and coffee.

    This means the full cost for the weekend for anyone sharing and having a 2
    course evening meal is £113.00, plus lunches and booze

    I am hoping most people would cope with sharing for a couple of nights;
    single occupancy is of course an option, but the full cost of the room is
    due. There may be an option to join early on Saturday morning, saving the
    cost of one night, but this will depend on numbers and availability.
    Priority will be given to those coming for the full weekend.

    Most of the rooms are twins, but doubles are available if couples prefer,
    just let me know. An upgrade to a deluxe room (larger, better view) costs
    £20.00 per room per night.

    I provisionally have space for around 16 people, but a few more spaces may
    become available.

    How to Book

    If you would like to come please e-mail me asap, margo@...
    and send a cheque for a deposit of £40.00 payable to Margo Scott to 41,
    Thornash Rd, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4UL

    Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis

    Hope to see you there, Margo