The Big Ride - 28th April 11am - feeder rides

  • jane dent
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2012
      Shaun has offered to lead a feeder ride to the start of the Big Ride at Hyde Park Corner. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best starting point, based on experience? I had 2 ideas:
      Feeder Ride 1:  Peckham Square  as pick up point one at 10am, then St Mark's church opposite Oval tube as pick up point 2 at 10.20am.
      Feeder Ride 2:  Southwark Park cafe as pick up point one at 10am, followed by The Needle as pick up point 2 at 10.20.
      It would be great if we could find another leader so we could do both of the above (or any other suggestions).
      Would anyone else like to lead a feeder ride? Or be a back marker?

      Jane

      Please take 30 seconds to sign London Cycling Campaign's Love London Go Dutch petition:
       “I want the mayoral candidates to pledge to make London more liveable for everyone by making our streets as safe and inviting for cycling as they are in Holland”.
      Go to:

      17,215 people have signed so far. Be part of the movement.

    • ann warren
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
        Dear Jane

        I will definitely be joining the feeder ride from Southwark Park Cafe, with as many extra people as I can muster.  I'm not an experienced ride leader or back-marker but could pedal into the breach if necessary.

        Ann

        To: southwarkcyclists@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
          Thank you both, and Shaun of course. Ann, I think you'd make a tremendous marker.

          Lots of people said they'd be keen to lead or assist when I raised this seeral weeks ago. Hopefully they will speak up!

          I'm happy to lead from either start point. Would be good to have a helper.

          To: southwarkcyclists@yahoogroups.com
          From: janedent@...
          Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:02:38 +0100

          --
          Alex Crawford

          Coordinator | Southwark Cyclists
          0777 599 0087
          alex@...
          www.southwarkcyclists.org.uk

          Please sign this petition to make London more liveable:
          www.lcc.org.uk/go-dutch

        • Alex Crawford

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
              Hi there

              I'll lead from Peckham Rye unless I'm needed centrally earlier on

              Warmly

              Andy

              Andy Cawdell
              andy@...
              telephone (w) ; +44 (0) 20 7639 0090 / 0845 456 8208
              mobile +44 (0) 7930 353 207

              Please sign this petition to make London more liveable:

              www.lcc.org.uk/go-dutch <http://www.lcc.org.uk/go-dutch