Playground Update

  • SouthpointManor PlaygroundCommittee
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2010
    We hope that you have had an opportunity to review the playground information that was delivered to your homes a few weeks ago. For your conveneince, you will also find it attached. Our thanks to those of you who have already donated towards the Southpoint Manor playground. We are so excited about this project and what it will mean for our community!

    Childrens Toy & Clothing Sale

    The playground committee will be hosting a child's toy and clothing sale fundraiser, held in conjunction with a neighborhood tag sale, on the morning of Saturday, June 5th. (You will see more info to come on the neighborhood tag sale!)

    We are seeking donations of gently used childrens toys, clothes, books, outdoor toys, maternity clothes and other gear to sell that day. All of the proceeds from the sale of these items will go to fund your playground.

    Items for donation may be dropped off at the home of Jill Marino, 316 Oxfordshire Lane. There will be a large storage bin on the front porch for small items and larger items may be left next to it. It's a great opportunity to convert those items your children no longer use into something our whole neighborhood can!

    Tax Deductibility of Donations

    Unfortunately donations made towards the playground are not tax deductible.  We have been informed by multiple sources, including Charleston Management, that we cannot qualify as a tax exempt organization. Despite this, the neighborhood-wide support to improve and complete this common area has been great and we appreciate your donations.

    Monetary donations and participation forms included in your packet (and attached to this email) can be returned to 601 Oxfordshire Lane by May 21, 2010.

    Informational Meeting Sunday, May 2

    As a reminder, we will host an informational meeting tomorrow, May 2nd at 2pm at the clubhouse. Please take advantage of this meeting to ask committee members questions about the project, review the plans, and find out how to get more involved. We look forward to seeing you then!

  • SouthpointManor PlaygroundCommittee
    Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2012
      Dear Neighbors,

      We are in the home stretch on playground construction. The items that remain open are the landscape plants around the perimeter and topping off of the rubber safety mulch. We anticipate opening the playground in the second week of May.

      At this time, the clubhouse parking lot is open for use again and we appreciate your patience thus far. We're looking forward to planning a grand opening afternoon and will keep you posted on the details.

      Kind regards,

      The Playground Committee