78492Re: [SS] Don Bryant concert in Brooklyn May 16th

  • Peter Nickols
    May 18, 2017
      Have just taken receipt of my CD version of Don's new LP and I am SO impressed. Don's limited Hi output was always to a high standard with certain examples being exceptional by any definition of soul-music - but to still sing soul this well at age 74 is nothing short of remarkable. I would have rushed to buy this CD in 1971 if it had emerged back then - it's that good - and true to Hi's soul tradition in its style. And Percy Wiggins amongst the back-up singers - can't be bad!

      From: "george korval records784533@... [southernsoul]" <southernsoul@yahoogroups.com>
      To: Yahoogroups <southernsoul@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, 17 May 2017, 18:52
      Subject: [SS] Don Bryant concert in Brooklyn May 16th

        In the last few decades Don Bryant has not performed in many concerts.  His show Tuesday at the small club Baby's All Right was exceptional, easily the best soul show of 2017.  Don's voice was superb and his stage movements so natural that one might have guessed he was on tour all the time.  He spoke with fans and signed his new LP both before and after the show, and he genuinely seemed to be enjoying everything.  The Bo-Keys did a great job backing Don during this one hour performance.  If Don Bryant with The Bo-Keys will be appearing in your neighborhood, make plans to go!

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic